• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.2 EZK Chipping developement thread.

Okay here is the 012 lh2.2 EZK XDF for tunerpro to make your ignition map. Also bins..

Now figure out what legs to cut on the stock 8049H chip and how to add a chip socket to that what chip to program up and tie in and run with it.

Attachments

• EZK 012.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 84
Okay here is the 012 lh2.2 EZK XDF for tunerpro to make your ignition map. Also bins..

Now figure out what legs to cut on the stock 8049H chip and how to add a chip socket to that what chip to program up and tie in and run with it.

Do I need an adx organized to display the contents of the 012 bin in order to view the xdf file in TunerPro? That's how I have to use it for Motronic4.4

can this be used to tune on a dyno or will you have to unplug the socket and reprogram it everytime? it looks like this is a pretty rough way to program these old volvos. Much better than nothing!

can this be used to tune on a dyno or will you have to unplug the socket and reprogram it everytime? it looks like this is a pretty rough way to program these old volvos. Much better than nothing!

Unless you are using an emulator, you cannot flash on the fly, no matter which EMS you are using.

Do I need an adx organized to display the contents of the 012 bin in order to view the xdf file in TunerPro? That's how I have to use it for Motronic4.4

Figured out the problem - I loaded the xdf & then opened the 012 bin - now the problem is that MiniPro doesn't list the P8049 chip. I'm using a TL866CS (PCB6.0) true USB programmer.

Okay the stock lh2.2 EZK chip is also the ECU chip and it's 40 pins of DIP configuration. If you want to use your real time moates emulator with this you have to figure out how to disable the onboard ram on the stock chip by lifting a leg or cutting it and then tying in a 32 pin socket so you can then use a 27c256 chip to put the program on that the ECU runs. Then you can put your emulator in the 32 pin socket and emulate the program with your laptop while you drive.

If you want to program up the stock 40 pin chips you need the MCS-48
adapter and then you'd need to modify it so it would actually work. Let me know if you get the adapter and need the info on how to modify it so it will actually work with these old chips.

I'm using 8749H chips, similar the same, but eeproms on the rom side so you can program them and erase them and reuse. I get them on ebay.

Last edited:

If you want to program up the stock 40 pin chips you need the 40 pin adapter and then you'd need to modify the 40 pin wilhelm adapter so it would actually work. Let me know if you get the adapter and need the info on how to modify it so it will actually work with these old chips.

I'm using 8749H chips, similar the same, but eeproms on the rom side so you can program them and erase them and reuse. I get them on ebay.

I bought P8049 chips, the USB willem PCB6.0 I have has the 40 pin socket....

This won't work?

I don't know if it will work. Does your software list the P8049 chip as being one it can program? Only way to find out it try it. I'm assuming you can only program those P8049 chips once unless you can electrically erase them. I get the utra violet erasable ones myself.

It is real hard to program up these old chips with the newer USB programmers. I know my willem with the MODIFIED 40 pin adapter does it. I had to modify it to get it to work. See below my mods.

Last edited:
New chips need erasing first? Doesn't make sense.
The company I bought the PCB6 from said I need a PCB5 & the adaptor board you mentioned. Presumably the 5 uses different software as the 6 uses Minipro which does not list the 8049 chip.

What software do you use for these chips?

I got a willem PCB3b and the pcb6. I use the MCS-48 adapter from willem also and whatever version of the willem software, older version 97C I think, it's all on a different computer. I'll try and find them and take a picture for you with the adapter also, not sure where it is at the moment...

New chips don't need erasing, but you can buy chips that are write once or ones you can electrically erase or ones you can ultra violet light erase. What did you buy? Write once?

Last edited:
Also I programmed a bunch of 8749's with my PCB6 willem, but I got the one with parallel port for programming and external power supply. I did buy the 4.1 as they said it would work, but had same problem until I modded the mcs-48 adapter. It's a power issue, power has to be just right for it to program properly and those USB powered programmers are just not up to the task.

40pinprogrammer.jpg

Basically I got three willem programmers and they all work, handy to have each one set up for different chips.

You gotta solder a resistor and cap across these two pins to make the 48 pin adapter work with these old chips.

Sandrow
April 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
After a fair amount of observation and experimentation, I soldered a 1M resistor and a 5000pf capacitor in parallel between pins 20 and 25 on the MCS-48 target socket. Problem solved. Programming happily away.

Hope that helps someone.

jml

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/archive/index.php/t-24379.html?

Once again solved my programming these 40 pin ECU with ram chips. Any of my programmers work. They all use external power supplies.

Last edited:
Also I programmed a bunch of 8749's with my PCB6 willem, but I got the one with parallel port for protgramming and external power supply. I did buy the 4.1 as they said it would work, but had same problem until I modded the mcs-48 adapter.
Once again solved my programming these 40 pin ECU with ram chips. Any of my programmers work. They all use external power supplies.

OK - I need to find an old PC desktop before I go any further with this.

With the LH TunerPro XDF .....

Thought I'd post here - Can you enlighten me on the table values in TunerPro? For example, do the values need to be raised or lowered in Acceleration Enrichment to increase fueling?

LH22554NA_zpsd360444b.png

Hi Simon

Why not incorporate the twin main fuel maps into the XDF ?
Even if you have to modify the maps correctly by using Ragnars editor you can still copy and paste between bins ... :nod:

YS
Jaybee

Jaybee,

Yeah good idea. I'd do it but not sure when I'd get to doing it. I don't do any main fuel adjustments myself. I don't even have a lh2.2 car. If you could do it and post it, and explain real good how to adjust the maps that would be great.

MR Jaybee is talking about the LH 2.2 Fuel ECU map programming problem in his post above, FYI. Nothing to do with the EZK ignition map programming. Totally different tunerpro XDF that needs work to make the fuel map modifiable. Check my fuel ECU chips page for that info.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=226886&highlight=simon

Last edited:
You mean people still drive lh2.2 volvo's? Back on target here. Maybe a mod could delete all the posts that have no info about working on the LH 2.2 fuel and ignition system? Holy de-erections scare me..

Here is the stock LH 2.2 non turbo 8v 011 EZK bin.

Here is a LH 2.2 EZK non turbo 16v bin. Made by replacing ignition map with lh2.4 16v NA 147 ignition map.

Check first page for 8v and 16v LH2.2 turbo bins and TunerPro XDF for tuning your own..

I got two LH 2.2 already chippable EZK's done and tested ready to go!

Attachments

• 011 8v NA stock 1.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 011 16v NA stock147map 1.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back