• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Yea I currently have microsquirt and ms3x on two ls turbo cars and I will say the the ms3x is soooo much more user friendly and much more driveable. Just got back from the road trip. Logged a total of 600 miles on the car, oh did I mention it did it on the drag radials? Lol not the best thing for the tight corners but it was alot of fun nonetheless

Took the car to the Davis Volvo meet this weekend. After letting people beat the crap out of the car for 2 days I took it to the track. On 9ish psi with very conservative timing, it went a 11.4 at 123. Got thrown out, went back to the hotel, beat the **** out of it even more and then drove home.
https://youtu.be/tt-z0LWy0Lk

They worked great, and I mean as you can tell by the video, I didn't launch it hard at all. Just a nice leisurely drive down the drag strip :)

So after alot of going back and fourth with which turbo ls car to keep I decide the Volvo is going to stay. It's so well sorted for what it is and it doesn't feel like it's going to kill you like the Fairmont does. So next on my list is cam and springs. New turbo setup and some bigger injectors because I am currently maxed out on e85 with the 80lb injectors. Also it's getting a 6 point cage and it will be ready to so some real damage at the strip.

Cam is on the way! Hopefully next Sunday I can remove the old cam, and do a cam and valve springs in it. It will be interesting to see what cam it is, because I totally forgot which one I have.... Also picking up the turbo for it this Saturday. I'm half tempted to see if I can dyno it before the weekend for a base line run and see the improvements from just a cam and springs

Yes it does, you just have to remove the radiator. On both my turbo ls cars I mounted the ic as far forward as possible just to make servicing alot easier.

Let's see if it's gonna clear the hood! Hoping it does, I measured the height from the exhaust flange to the center of the turbine shaft on both turbos and it's about 7mm taller overall and the center of the turbine shaft to the top of the compressor housing and it's about the same. It would be killer to not have to redo the hotside piping but we will see. Going with dual 44mm wastegates on the crossover this time and a exhaust cutout right behind the front wheel. Once the turbo and cam are installed it's going to a friend's shop for a 6 point cage and then back to the track. Right now with the gearing in the car it's geared for about 140mph at the top of 3rd at about 6500rpm. Last time at the track I was hitting 6900rpm so we will see. But hopefully after summer I can get some more track time with it and see what the car is capable of

Back