• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+ nitrous!?

Yeah, jayt has my car. supposedly i can go help tomorrow at around lunch. i really want to learn about my car.

well, soon anyway. what is SE and when and where is it?

SE. southeast meet. Here.

Yeah, jayt has my car. supposedly i can go help tomorrow at around lunch. i really want to learn about my car.

davilla? fuggit i'll call him for clarification.

Haha exact same thing happened to me! It was this honda turbo at the dragstrip, I ran a 14.5 and had him for half the track until all of a sudden zoooom! there he goes.

thats just a turbo honda thing, he might not have been spraying, they usually don't get going until half track when they pick up about 100mph in 10 feet.

people who wanna strap a random supercharger onto their engine just because they got that one cheap and dont have a clue what's involved.
:blah:

Nils, you're digging a hole quick man.

I believe i would be the one you are referencing here, and yes, i had planned to. Again i say, you could swap pulleys, or put on your big boy pants and set up some supporting mods to run boost which another company thinks is good for a 3.0 liter engine.

Either way- You make do with what you can get! The joy of cars, in my mind at least, is that if you get something slightly imperfect, or not designed for your application, it can be done. You just have to man up!

type in on google build your own nitrous kit

the general rule of thumb is 30%

so whack in 30% shot of juice and it MIGHT take it

its hardly a reliable source of extra grunt. the oxygen is separated from the nitrogen and burnt off while the nitrogen acts as a buffer

great for moistening the chicks man

Why would it not be a reliable source of extra grunt? Would it not give off the same amount of oxygen per mole or it depends on temperature/pressure/whatever?

One a different note, for those who are running nitrous (kenny?), what kinda frequency can those solenoids take before they get really pissed? I mean, a lot of setups I see feel like glorified carburator-era stuff: choose a jet, open the solenoid and go for it (or hope that you got the mixture right). I imagine there are some setups where you can have a much broader -- by pulsing the solenoids for instance -- and real time control of the output.

Seeing as how I actually know someone first-hand who put the spray on an otherwise stock B21F, who actually knows both Volvo stuff and NO2 stuff, I figured I can at least post results.

Stock, high-mileage B21 from an 81 I believe non-turbo. Motor only ran low 17's. Either a 50 or 75 shot (can't remember, it's been a few years) and he dropped to 15.9. Second pass he wiped out the boot. One of the 2 passes spraying he took out the HG as well, when he found a solenoid had accidentally gotten hooked up wrong and he was spraying outa the hole, and for the entire run.

nozwedochickenright.png

type in on google build your own nitrous kit

the general rule of thumb is 30%
so whack in 30% shot of juice and it MIGHT take it
its hardly a reliable source of extra grunt. the oxygen is separated from the nitrogen and burnt off while the nitrogen acts as a buffer

great for moistening the chicks man

30%? lol. That would mean, on a b230F, a what, 5hp shot?
We've run as much as 96% and the engine was fine. Hauled serious ass too. its as reliable as the user, kinda like a turbo setup.

Why would it not be a reliable source of extra grunt? Would it not give off the same amount of oxygen per mole or it depends on temperature/pressure/whatever?

One a different note, for those who are running nitrous (kenny?), what kinda frequency can those solenoids take before they get really pissed? I mean, a lot of setups I see feel like glorified carburator-era stuff: choose a jet, open the solenoid and go for it (or hope that you got the mixture right). I imagine there are some setups where you can have a much broader -- by pulsing the solenoids for instance -- and real time control of the output.

Nitrous mastermind, and a couple other things like that. they're not too expensive either, about $400 avg.

I want one of those fancy pulsing solenoids, so I can do super fancy variable nitrous control :)
Megasquirt 3, WHAT? :-P

why wait on bruce and al? you'll be waiting for a while.

Seeing as how I actually know someone first-hand who put the spray on an otherwise stock B21F, who actually knows both Volvo stuff and NO2 stuff, I figured I can at least post results.

Stock, high-mileage B21 from an 81 I believe non-turbo. Motor only ran low 17's. Either a 50 or 75 shot (can't remember, it's been a few years) and he dropped to 15.9. Second pass he wiped out the boot. One of the 2 passes spraying he took out the HG as well, when he found a solenoid had accidentally gotten hooked up wrong and he was spraying outa the hole, and for the entire run.

too much timing sounds like it. too much spray down low, maybe.. but usually when that happens you get a really impressive backfire out the intake that wraps the throttle plate around the shaft and/or blows apart the intake.

holy hellfire! 97%?

assuming a b320f churns out 150 hp, 30% is 45hp

so given that, 97% is near doubling the hp in a shot

:lol:

if it works though!

holy hellfire! 97%?

assuming a b320f churns out 150 hp, 30% is 45hp

so given that, 97% is near doubling the hp in a shot

:lol:

if it works though!

a b230f is rated at 114 crank hp. we put a 110 shot on sam's 244. and then stacked 27psi on top of that.
The car is still running and driving around in AZ somewhere, with that engine, two years later.

I'm guessing it may have happened at the same time he blew the intake boot apart. We heard the pop at the box when he was over half-track, probably at a shift point. It was followed by a small ploom of smoke. That was the run he coasted past the line and pulled the 15.9.

Back