• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B5254T 500hp + engine build

Last edited:
Lankku
And how much power and torque can withstand m90 for white block?

By the way, I have long met with information that some Finnish guys used a cast-iron 5-cylinder block from a diesel engine, on a gasoline engine, and got a power of about 1100 hp.

In my use M90 took 700Nm for some time and then broke teeth between input and side shafts. Some have used bigger torque without problems. And some have broken earlier.

Yeah, D5/2.4D block is stronger but naturally isn't just a bolt-on. Haven't had the need to study it more. Perhaps JuhaU could tell more what is needed? I recall that he has done it.

I've used stock 1.8 Motronic for both under 300hp turbo engines ...

You mentioned E85 later in the thread.

But did you change injectors, ECU tune, or change MAP sensor for the addition of the Turbo on top of the stock 1.8 Motronic?

I like the idea of a straight forward low boost conversion. The idea would be to use a S80 T6 manifold and Turbo (T16?) setup on the 960 motor. Seems like a direct fit, maybe.

Thanks!

You mentioned E85 later in the thread.

But did you change injectors, ECU tune, or change MAP sensor for the addition of the Turbo on top of the stock 1.8 Motronic?

I like the idea of a straight forward low boost conversion. The idea would be to use a S80 T6 manifold and Turbo (T16?) setup on the 960 motor. Seems like a direct fit, maybe.

Thanks!
T6 injectors and around around 0.5-1bar higher fuel pressure. Otherwise stock. There is no MAP sensor in 960/x90.

When using T6 exhaust manifolds you'll need to fab flanges for the manifold side and runners to the turbo flange.

Hi!
We will continue the old topic of discussion of the boost for white block.

I plan to install a turbo on my B6304. Pistons I want to use from B5244T (V70 2000), 83mm, compression ratio 9.
My goal is to increase the torque from 2500 to 4000 rpms. The power is about 270-280hp. Boost is about 7-9ps. I'm considering various options for turbines. For example, the HX35 with an 8cm or 12cm body.
Maybe someone has already tried to install such, share the experience, what you got, maybe someone who has dyno measurements?

Hi!
We will continue the old topic of discussion of the boost for white block.

I plan to install a turbo on my B6304. Pistons I want to use from B5244T (V70 2000), 83mm, compression ratio 9.
My goal is to increase the torque from 2500 to 4000 rpms. The power is about 270-280hp. Boost is about 7-9ps. I'm considering various options for turbines. For example, the HX35 with an 8cm or 12cm body.
Maybe someone has already tried to install such, share the experience, what you got, maybe someone who has dyno measurements?

Stock ECU?

Were you referring to this? Courtesy of Lankku's <a href="http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=309746">build thread</a> in his signature.

Lankku how did you fill the gaps between the bores when you installed this block guard? Did you machine the gaps wider then pressed aluminum shims in?

It's a one piece design. Original casting was completely removed around the top of the cylinders.

Started to think if it's really the way I said and had a look at the pictures again. It's not.

Only the cast between the cylinders is machined off and otherwise there is some original casting left around the cylinders. In the picture linked eariler you can quite clearly see the lines.

This is how the guard looks after being cut:
http://postimg.org/image/jstmt8dwb/

Started to think if it's really the way I said and had a look at the pictures again. It's not.

Only the cast between the cylinders is machined off and otherwise there is some original casting left around the cylinders. In the picture linked eariler you can quite clearly see the lines.

This is how the guard looks after being cut:
http://postimg.org/image/jstmt8dwb/

Ok pretty good picture there! Thanks!

Hello!

I now choose which turbo pistons to order for my B6304.
I found two types.
https://catalog.mahle-aftermarket.com/eu/product.xhtml?eid=967237#divider
The first has pockets for valves and thicker rings. It was installed on B5254 to 98 year.

https://catalog.mahle-aftermarket.com/eu/product.xhtml?eid=967206#divider
The second type does not have pockets for valves and has thinner rings. Oil-removable ring type dial.

The remaining geometric dimensions are the same for them. The second type only has a finger length of 66mm, instead of 61mm.

What do you think I should use? I will have a standard 6304 head and 204hp. camshafts.

I could snatch a B6294t engine from a 2004 XC90 T6 for cheap. Are these engine any good for a build? I'd have the deck closed with a block guard. They got the twin VVT I guess?

I'm wondering the same thing since there is an option for closing the deck. Do we really need to source B6284 blocks for their strength over the B6304? The B6304 head is superior, so it would be nice to only buy one new engine.

Last edited:
Back