• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can anyone make steel intake flanges?

BigIrish

I want to play with making my own intake manifolds for 2 Mikunis like the B20 boys do. Anyone laser/CNC cut a few flanges out of 1/4? steel for a B23?

PM and tell me how much!

Not interested in alum or stainless - just playing here.

Make your own? The only thing that matters much is port shape and bolt holes. Get some flat stock, lay a gasket on it and hit it with spray paint. Take gasket off and drill/remove all painted areas. With a drill press and an angle grinder you could knock out a few in an hour or two. A dremel/die grinder will get the port shape perfect. You can get real close with a drilled hole in each corner to establish corner radius and then a hole saw to remove the majority of the stock from the port. You should only have a few points to grind down for cleanup. If you chose the size of the 4 corner holes well, port corners should be good, just flatten sides.
As long as the outside shape of the flange clears obstructions, how nice the curves are don't matter, if'n yer just playin 'round.

Yoshi stole $100 from me so I wont be buying from that a-hole ever again.

Notsofresh - yeah I could do that and your method sounds pretty good. It would be pretty tedious to get through 1/4” and I don’t have a drill press. Was hoping to skip to the fun part :cool:

Your in Houston!! It’s poppong out there. Look around for a local place that cuts with water jet. Maybe even a small shop with plasma cutter can help you out.

Well firstly, I’m 42, not some slanderous young punk that the web is so full of.

Yoshi - pretty unfortunate actually as he has lots of cool stuff I would like to buy. I was doing my second 5.0 swap and bought another mustang driveshaft adapter from him. $100 or so.

I never got it. He refuses to ship via UPS or Fedex, only post office. They lost it, mis-delivered it, whatever. We traded about 10 emails and finally a lengthy phone call. He refused to send me another, even though his package was insured. I even offered to pay the shipping on the second one and he still refused. Some highlights from our absurd conversation:

- He suggested that I need to take off work, personally track down my postal carrier and ask where my package was
- He finally told me that “everyone” is trying to rip him off, so he assumes everyone is liar. If you don’t get your package, tough sh**, not his problem.

Never in my life have I ever dealt with such absurdity. I’m just thankful it was only $100 and not something more expensive

So BEWARE. If something happens to your package, you will be out your money. Period.

How long has it been since the package was lost? A lot of times the package will eventually find it's way to you. Very common with USPS. If it was fed ex or ups, you definitely would never see package again.

Back