• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to make your car turbocharged? READ FIRST

so why not just drop in the turbo engine? Wouldnt it be alot easier rather then sourcing parts and drilling and all that? When you say plug and play? is it as simple removing the non turbo harness and installing the turbo computer and harness? Again I'm new.

so why not just drop in the turbo engine? Wouldnt it be alot easier rather then sourcing parts and drilling and all that? When you say plug and play? is it as simple removing the non turbo harness and installing the turbo computer and harness? Again I'm new.

I meant plug everything. It would be the easiest just to by turbo car.

don't have to remove the non-turbo harness. you just plug in the turbo computers

From what I have read. there isn't really as much to swap as one would suspect.

ok so Basically drop in turbo engine, unplug n/a computer, install turbo computer, plug everything in (also intercooler etc...), exhast and I'm done?

You don't need to put in a turbo engine. You can drop everything in on your N/A engine. Then just install everything.

so this is really easy in a sense. What kind of numbers would I be looking at hp wise? Thanks for all the help.

Well a stock 740 Turbo Intercooler makes about 165hp stock. So a little more than that I'd say. I don't know specific numbers, but with the higher compression of the b23of it should be more. There are more threads than this one for this. Alot of people have recorded their Turbo setup. Just look around.

Hi guys...I'm a newb here so bear with me. I'm in the process of collecting parts for my budget turbo build. I have an '83 DL sedan with what I beleve is the B23f engine. I have a TD05 turbo, manifold, and intercooler on the way. I've been reading on here a bit before I posted this to try and figure out what else I might need for my brick. I see that many people are running the MSnS system. I am fairly mechanically inclined and I am not new to boosting cars but boosting my Volvo is new to me. I have a couple of questions.

One of my questions is...can I get away with simply bolting everything up and running an FMU on stock injectors or do i need to change them out for something else?

The other main one I have is...if I am forced to run MSnS...are there any reputable tuners for it in New England that anyone knows of?

mods...move this if necessary

Last edited:
thats what i thought...but how exactly do you turn a N/A into a turbo? i mean, granted the obvious addition of the turbine itself and the manifold...? and should i just look in junkyards for parts? where i come from volvo's are extremely rare, especially in the junk yard

thats what i thought...but how exactly do you turn a N/A into a turbo? i mean, granted the obvious addition of the turbine itself and the manifold...? and should i just look in junkyards for parts? where i come from volvo's are extremely rare, especially in the junk yard

From what I hear you can't T+ an N/A 850. This is mainly for the redblock motors found in the 2/7/9 series cars. The N/A 850's have too high of compression

How much work would it be to go from a B21FT with kjet in a 81' 242 to a B230?

Last edited:
How much work would it be to go from a B21FT with kjet in a 81' 242 to a B230?

That would be an engine swap. The b230 is a different engine. The b21FT and the b230FT are prett much the same engine. The b230ft just has a larger displacement. The b230ft came in teh 740 Turbo

off the top of thier head !

does anyone the apx. CR of a
B23E cr 10:3
-405 head
(+531 scp)

10:3 + 531scp = ?

just a rough estimate will do

thanks V

Last edited:

Where in FL are you? In my local yard there is a 940 turbo and a few 740 turbos. If you are close to Orlando or Tampa or JAX, check their yards.

You will need to do some wiring extending as the AMM and battery in the N/A is in the opposite sides as the turbo cars. But that is solved in like 15-30 minutes depending on how many times you have to stop to talk on the phone. Also, you need to slap some resistors to drop the voltage to the turbo greentop injectors, which is also not much of an effort. And that is where your electrical mods end. The rest is a matter of slapping ECU/ICU and the other turbo parts.

Back