• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230ft into a 92 240

larrygooseberry

Hey all, first post on the forum. I am planning on rebuilding and swapping a b230ft from a late 80's 740 turbo into my 92 240 (I know there are better redblocks to swap out there but its what I could find and it was cheap). It will be my first swap so I don't really know every single detail about what needs to be done.

My first question is about the ecu and ezk, I know that my current engine has lh 2.4 and that the one I plan on swapping used lh 2.2 so what exactly will need to be changed in order to make it work? Will the harness from my old engine work or will I need to modify it? I know that I will need a new ecu and ezk that fit the new turbo engine but will i need to get them from an automatic car?

I know that the new engine was pulled was from an auto and my car is also an auto, I believe that they both have the aw71 but i could be mistaken(I bought the engine already pulled so I don't know the specifics of what it came out of). will the torque converter just plug right in to my transmission? Should I use the torque converter from the old or new engine?

If i think of any more questions I will post them here. Thanks!

Back