• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IAT Sensor for MS

icdpride

Where do you guys put your IAT sensor for megasquirt?

In the intake like drill and tap a hole for it or just put it in the intercooler piping before the throttle body?

i was recently advised by knowledgeable parties to never put it in the intake manifold, and to put it in the IC piping instead.

In the aluminum intake piping pre-TB/post IC. The pipe is usually mounted with silicone couplers, so the heat transfer through conduction is minimal=>less heat soak.

Ours is in the IC pipe between the IC exit and the TB. Nearer the IC as I was advised to keep it further from the engine to avoid heat soak.

It also helps to insulate the outside of the pipe near the IAT sensor. Another option is to mount it directly to the cold end of the intercooler. The cold end of the IC should always be pretty close to the actual intake air temp.

Don't judge my dirty, grimey, engine bay. The car has been sitting for awhile and I snapped these pics as I was taking stuff off it a few months ago. Its cleaner now.

Anyway, arrows point to my AIT, I literally drilled a hole in the pipe and self-tapped it with the sensors threads then professionally JB-welded it.

DLibigd.jpg

KZWfL4r.jpg

not in the piping at all on the gold car. under the intercooler piping on the blue car (cold side, before the tb), and here on the v8
164170032.jpg

haven't had a heat soak issue on any of them for any reason.

Back