• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 B230et

Do you have a pic of the one in it?

I would GUESS that it's the same, but I don't believe these motors were offered in the US, so it's challenging to say.

There are 2 different ECU's for B230ET. One for manual trans and one for automatic, although the auto trans ECU has been updated to the manual trans ECU.

Part #1367531 (Bosch 0261200022) is for manual trans and should have an orange mark. Part #1367533 (Bosch 0261200026) is for auto trans and should have a brown mark.

FYI, the manual trans ECU is also sold under part #5003799 as a remanufactured part.

It does not appear to be used on B230FT engines.

ImageGen.ashx

My car is manual, should have 022 ECU.

They shouldn't work with B230FT, since ET's were Motronic, Fuel&Spark in the same ECU, barn-door style AFM (not MAF/AMM), etc.

Anyway, I still think my ECU is fine, I need an ECT, coolant temperature sensor, the one for Motronic ECU, not the dash gauge sender... Sorry for the confusion, ECU, ECT...

Thanks, Ian. You always deliver.

Therefore, I'm not the one to doubt you, but thing on the link says IAT, as in Intake Air Temp... And this is late '85, MY86 car, so how come '88-'95 sensor?

Sorry again. I'm new to Motronic 740's and when I go about changing intake gasket, I want to be triple-sure I have right coolant sensor, since it's even more a bitch to get to it, than on a LH-Jet injected B230F/FT car; hence want to do it in one go and be done.

Sometimes there's an error in translation. It's shown on the fuel system page of the parts catalog and the only other thing that looks like a temp sender is the thermal timer for the cold start system.

I'm also unfamiliar with the Motronic system, so I'm going by the catalog. I was looking at the '88-'90 740 catalog, but now that I know the year of your car I checked the '85-'87 catalog and 1346030 is the correct part number.

Back