• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Manbeard's "HEY YOU'RE NOT DOING THAT RIGHT" 940

That'll come when I get my mbc set up right. The one I've got (crappy old turboxs) worked good on my old setup but doesn't now. Gonna make a home depot one Monday morning and then hopefully I'll be having some real fun

get a ball/spring boost controller. Also if you can, put more preload on the waste gate actuator. There are ways to do it without cutting and welding...

Haven't looked on ebay in a while, but i got a cheap ball and spring mbc on there that worked pretty good. Much more stable and quick to respond than the bleeder type turbo xs one that i had from 15 years ago.

get a ball/spring boost controller. Also if you can, put more preload on the waste gate actuator. There are ways to do it without cutting and welding...
I wonder if I could make new brackets for the wastegate to push it forward further.

Haven't looked on ebay in a while, but i got a cheap ball and spring mbc on there that worked pretty good. Much more stable and quick to respond than the bleeder type turbo xs one that i had from 15 years ago.

That's a good idea! This one was given to me like 7 years ago, and my buddy used it for like 5 or 6 before that.

hey stephen i thought id tell you that youre not doing it right
Hey mat I thought I'd tell you that you're about to get a boot up your ass

Turned the boost up more. At first it boosted to 30 psi. So freakin fast. Quickly realized I forgot to put the wastegate line back on lol. With it hooked up it boosts to 10 psi now and is pretty damn quick. Mbc is on the way too... after looking more into this turbo, it really wakes up on a four cylinder at like 15-18 psi.

Also, I forgot to put coolant in the car back in the day and it almost overheated lol

Turned the boost up more. At first it boosted to 30 psi. So freakin fast. Quickly realized I forgot to put the wastegate line back on lol. With it hooked up it boosts to 10 psi now and is pretty damn quick. Mbc is on the way too... after looking more into this turbo, it really wakes up on a four cylinder at like 15-18 psi.

Also, I forgot to put coolant in the car back in the day and it almost overheated lol

You may not be doing it right but you're doing your best :)

had that old f1 single lap qualifying engine in it, i see....

Great! I hit some **** on the road hard enough that it broke my exhaust hangers. I guess the stress from that made my up pipe crack. Super duper. I feel like I might need to add a second brace to the up pipe too while I'm in there.

Hopefully I'll be motivated enough this week between all the expected rain storms we are supposed to have to take it all apart. My new mbc is gonna be here tomorrow so maybe that'll do it for me..

Great! I hit some **** on the road hard enough that it broke my exhaust hangers. I guess the stress from that made my up pipe crack. Super duper. I feel like I might need to add a second brace to the up pipe too while I'm in there.

Or a flex joint in the downpipe?

Back