• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cbevis 262 Bertone

Color does look good on it, not sure about those wheels !Keep it up, I look forward to seeing the progress on this thread!

photo shop never does the real thing justice.

And.....i hate to burst yalls love bubble for this project but....she won't be that blue color when I'm done

*bracing for the* :poo:

13 months is too long for updates.......

I got the wheels on!

Hub adapters....not to be confused with hub spacers. Thanks Kaplan for working with me on that project!

and......like mold.....the color is growing on me. Maybe it's the super dwindling funds for which to facilitate said repainting project. I've got too many bugs to fix first anyway.

In other news...it's time for the ol' cbevis signature. Hardwired radar detector, YAY!!!!!

Done all proper like with heat shrink and genuine bonified Hong Kong knock off water proof 8 prong plug...

This time,however, I'm getting creative...

I'm putting the display in the rear view mirror

Not entirely sure the silver reflective window tint is going to do what I want it to though. I'll have to bench test it first, but the idea is to hide it from casual glance.

Little bit of progress on this guy...

I know these things are pretty gimicky but I figured I'd try my hand at make this feature remotely "functional."

It's just a plastic prism that fits in a small opening. The prism supposedly directs laser light down to a secondary receiver behind the primary on the unit.

25' of fiber optic is super cheap...the laser picks up just fine

Drilled a small hole for the fiber optic jack to fit into in the center of the prism. IF the things worked at all in the first place, the prism should collect light at the fiber option thread same as it would have projected it to receiver on the unit.

After that, I just needed to fit the mirror with the prism.

might be tough to see...but i'm holding the other end of the fiber optic cable over the laser trigger with my index finger. The laser is on and aimed at the prism...seems to be working!

I'm using a little poster putty to keep the unit in place. It likes to pop off, but with the window i made in the silver backed mirror there's an edge to keep the display firmly in place. The silver reflective tint worked like a charm too! I'm mean...upon close inspection you can tell there's something there....but at a casual glance you can't really see anything.

http://youtu.be/7odfu1CLssc
and the lights come through brilliantly!

Last edited:
This is nutty. I've had thoughts about something like this, but I drive too slow to justify such an awesome project. Rad all the way!

Back