• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Interior Leak and Coolant Reservoir.

I just sealed up around my brake booster, and the leak seems to be cured. I will put up a wanted ad for the engine bay seal. Thanks for all the help.

As it turns out, the fender seal also has a tiny leak that needs to be addressed. What product should I use? Is sealant that comes in a tube like caulking good? You know, the stuff that you should never mistake for regular caulking cause it sticks like a :censored: to your hands.

Reseal the plastic panel by the drivers left foot. It's an air hole for non AC Euro cars.

Goop it up good.

I hope this fits that description.
OQe2faTl.jpg

Not the prettiest work, but I'd sure be surprised to see a single drip of water come through.

Thanks for all the help.

I was finally able to get the new expansion tank in. It got lost at a USPS distribution center for a couple days before I called in and had them go look for it.

Anyway, the new one looks WAY better! I could barely see through the old one. Hope the new tank will last just as long, if not longer. Interestingly, the old tank was stamped "94" so it was probably changed once before... 26 years is still good enough, though.

Out with the old and in with the new:
XMWIYUvl.jpg

YAh7A33l.jpg

Back