• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 OBD connector contacts

Ok. Glad you got it. We're they spread, or corroded?

I'd be interested to see a pic of the entire connector. Also, it sometimes takes a magnifying glass to identify the type of marking, but there may be some type of marking on the connector, Bosch, AMP, etc. I've been trained to find that marking and then look for the part number for the terminals in my J-38125 manual.

Ok. Glad you got it. We're they spread, or corroded?

I'd be interested to see a pic of the entire connector. Also, it sometimes takes a magnifying glass to identify the type of marking, but there may be some type of marking on the connector, Bosch, AMP, etc. I've been trained to find that marking and then look for the part number for the terminals in my J-38125 manual.

I was looking to add CAN Hi & Low to pins 6 and 14, the Haltech Elite allows me to use a generic reader if I want to.

I've put the centre trim back together now, if I have the trim out at some point in the future I'll get a magnifying glass and take look.

Regards,

Chooch

I see. Yeah, terminals 6 and 14 would need to be added for the high speed CAN bus. As far as what brand connector Volvo used there and which terminals you can stuff in there, I have no idea.

Thanks for posting back.

Yours does not appear to be a version of Volvo's "OBD" found in US 1989-93 Volvos that I'm aware of.

I suspect yours is a OBD-II version....check out these connectors: 150 Series Metri-Pack tangless female terminals

95-98 940 models use an OBD-II connector in the bottom of the armrest compartment and they removed the diagnostic unit in the engine bay.
I don't think any US -95 940's have that connector?
However the protocol is not OBD-II as it can't be read with the usual OBD-II readers.
As far as I've read, Volvo used a different (or pre) version of the protocol.
I've seen a guide to a DIY reader for these cars on the UK Volvo forums somewhere.
xpQpf49sPZPsPtEbGpH8NsnCD9MMBdjSmn9zkc9_BIUHp4okw3gXV1K-rLriMeyjisYObPW5JCoRgyw

Back