• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Are injectors on the 240 just naturally loud?

Both before and after doing my b cam swap (only barely needed to adjust a couple valves), replacing the entire exhaust from the manifold back, and changing to 850 yellow injectors, I still have a tick when I accelerate. I think it might be injectors since it goes silent during deceleration, which could probably be fuel cut off.

Unless there is some other engine issue creating a louder noise. I can always hear that clicking sound of the injectors.

Maybe they have injectors designed to be quiet on higher end cars like a big benz or lexus?

Personally, I don't think that its the injectors.

Given the number of miles that most of our engines have, its likely piston slap.

A ticking noise on acceleration can be exhaust leak at the cylinder head to exhaust manifold gaskets.

A ticking noise on acceleration can be exhaust leak at the cylinder head to exhaust manifold gaskets.

I thought it would be exhaust leak, but I replaced every exhaust part and gasket other than the manifold itself. There might be a chance that it could have a crack, but I've had a shop I worked in check for a leak and said nothing about the manifold.

Do 240s have a fuel cut off though, because it only ticks when I get on the pedal. The second I pull off the pedal, it goes away immediately. Even like a slight push and it's faint, loudest at heavy load.

Pistons are noisy when loaded.

Injectors are not heard over all else happening under the hood.

Injectors in your Volvo are quiet compared with Direct Injection injectors in modern anything. Manufacturers make up fancy moulded insulation things + plastic covers to seal the noise in.

Back