• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MrBill's 78 244 Project: Drill Baby Drill!

And with that, work commenced:
Cleaned the garage
IMAG0032.jpg

Worked on the 78:
IMAG0033.jpg

Intercooler testfit:
IMAG0031.jpg

Fits:
IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

i'm pleased with progress. make a shield to cover up that airhole between the thanger and the radiator.

90* fittings are 2.5" intercooler is 3".

I don't have the capibilty to weld aluminum anyways.

I did order more of those cast elbows though - they're so much better than the 90*s that come in the kits.

The other side of the garage is cleared of the girlfriend's car. I bought two engine stands saturday. I'll be cleaning both motors and gasketing the new one in preparation for insertion

Edit; easy question without searching:
M14x1.5 for the oil feed from the block on b230ft?

90* fittings are 2.5" intercooler is 3".

I don't have the capibilty to weld aluminum anyways.
You don't have money to pay for welding? too bad. should have got 3" elbows, weld them on, then use the 3-to-2.5 reducer on the end of the elbow. No reason to get those thick cast elbows otherwise, could just use plain 'ol aluminum tubing there, costs less.

Edit; easy question without searching:
M14x1.5 for the oil feed from the block on b230ft?
Probably. I'm pretty sure that's what the B230FT I don't have would have if I had one.

why the engine replacement? did I miss something breaking? (oh and when is the real motor going in?)

why the engine replacement? did I miss something breaking? (oh and when is the real motor going in?)

Something broke on it. It cranked funny and spits the dipstick tube out.

All happed after it pinged at like 28 psi.

It ran fine, it was just slower and you could hear *missing* compression while craking. Never did a compression test because I'm a fat lazy ****.

Real motor - knox is almost done my intake and nathan will have my exhaust done in a week. RSI cams are down at Knox and are all shimmed up I'm told.

Now I need to go down there and assemble it. Hopefully a spring install.

Back