• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Latest addition to the family

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
Did this back in November:
eb8e4769.jpg

On Friday the 13th no less. Been debating having it fixed, then realized I only paid 300 for the car and the repairs would cost more than a suitable replacement.

Enter (possible) replacement... Found this one on Craigslist, 3.5 miles from the office, so the acquisition story isn't as eventful as some of ours have been. Rode the bus to the office today, had a friend drive me over at lunch and was back in time to eat.

P.O.'s pics:
944-Front.jpg

944-Right.jpg

944-Rear.jpg

944-Left.jpg

Waxed a couple of test spots and she will shine like new money before long.

944-Int-Pass.jpg

944-Int-Driver.jpg

944-Rear-Interior.jpg

By far the cleanest interior of any of the cars I've bought recently. Also seems to be quite the cream puff for having 144k miles.

I bought it knowing it needed a head gasket, rear windscreen (cracked), a heater hose and the trim replaced on the rear/pass door.

Since then I've discovered that the speedometer doesn't work, the sunroof doesn't close all the way, passenger front window doesn't work, factory radio works, but the amp is not working (2 dash speaker audio system -woot!). Hood has cracked paint and the trunk has a nice dent on top. Needs cone bushings for the front end too.

Interior is as close to perfect as 18 year-old peanut butter leather is going to be. Tires are good. Started on the first try. Drives ok and doesn't overheat. Oil in the water though so the HG is coming shortly.

So the list thus far reads:
Replace amp (temp fix - already have 3 stock amps - until I decide if this is a keep or a flip).
Head gasket and all top end seals.
Clean and lap the valves.
Timing belt
Fix sunroof
Replace the door trim (already have some)
Hood/Trunk replacement - as the junkyard allows for them in the correct color.

If I decide to keep it, transfer over from my wrecked 940 wagon:
IPD sways
Pioneer head unit
Squirter block rebuilt motor(?)
Tethys and adapters
Intrax springs
Gauge-pod and gauges

Later:
R/C/R tails
Glass moonroof from 960

Great call on the fuse. Number 26 was toast. Replaced it and we have tunage!!!

Already fixed the sunroof and passenger window too.

Can't wait to get at the paint and such. Then mechanical shtuff once I have the funds to order my parts.

Very nice car! a steal of a deal too, and like Isaac said that interior is mint :)
940 sedans look more and more tempting every day... I must resist.

Dirrrrrty...
100_1436.jpg

100_1442.jpg

100_1438.jpg

100_1437.jpg

100_1441.jpg

Cleaning up nicely...
100_1434.jpg

100_1443.jpg

Hard to tell in pics of white cars, but trust - it's getting quite pretty. :-D

Zipties (seriously) to pull the badges, WD-40 and a thumbnail to clean the residue.

To be fair, there is a slight shadow still and these were the softest/easiest badges I've removed.

Spent the better part of the day on the car today.

Swapped in the 15g and ported exhaust housing/manifold. Cleaned out the coolant reservoir, reconnected all the crap I'd disconnected. Tried to swap out the oil cooler setup - don't have a socket or wrench big enough. Oddly, I've done it before, not sure how.

Next comes the intake manifold gasket (arriving tomorrow) and then gonna drive it for a bit and see if the oil comes back to the reservoir.

Also, going to replace the VC gasket and the cam seal since it all appears to be leakish and I have those already.

This is almost exactly like my old 940, only it has leather and isn't a '93. I miss that car.

Minor update:

Oh yeah, I also fixed the dent and replaced the missing door trim on that passenger/back door.

Swapped in the ported 90+ manifold and 15g, with ported exhaust housing, off the 945.

Broke the damned upper hose fitting off the radiator whilst I was futzing about. :oops:

Grabbed the rad off the (now) parts-car 945. Installed everything, filled the rad, started the car...

Nasty effin exhaust leak. :rant:

Too pissed to try and sort it out last night. Hopefully get to that tonight, after a few more adult beverages.

Next up, suspension swap.

Wheel choice help?
15" Gold mesh MSWs
17" Tethys
16" Hydras
EDIT - almost forgot:
I have 17" Volans
and 16" RH Cup wheels
VolvoWheels011.jpg

I think this car gets the Cups.
The hydras will be run for a bit either way as they have good rubber and none of the other wheels do ATM.

Last edited:
Back