• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Let's see your custom/aftermarket steering wheels.

DSC_8507.jpg

I am trying to figure out what hub I would need for an 81 242? All the hub adapters I have found seem to be for 82 and later is this true?

got this out of an ancient mercedes in a junk yard, got lucky with the volvo horn button and hub... need to do some refinishing on her before i put it in the 245

got this out of an ancient mercedes in a junk yard, got lucky with the volvo horn button and hub... need to do some refinishing on her before i put it in the 245

All ya need is some sandpaper & a spray can of*Rally Black*paint, a couple of hours and some elbow grease. Get busy..........:nod:

nardi's are usually anodized or polished, not painted ''Rally Black"

Looks to me like his is painted Rally Black/Flat Black in his picture................:-P

Oddly enough, it seems to have been painted black over chrome, that is also flaking. There are also 2 cracks in the back of the wheel i want to clean out, glue and clamp... it would be a higher priority if my 240 wasn't 100 miles away, and I wasn't trying to get my rabbit body/engine bay redone before the monsoons start :oops:

Oddly enough, it seems to have been painted black over chrome, that is also flaking. There are also 2 cracks in the back of the wheel i want to clean out, glue and clamp... it would be a higher priority if my 240 wasn't 100 miles away, and I wasn't trying to get my rabbit body/engine bay redone before the monsoons start :oops:

Previous Owner likely painted the chrome /polished aluminum, *black* to reduce glare from sunshine while driving......that's my best guess.......

OEM steering wheel on my 91' 245, the only year that came 14" (89') with the air bag look, my wife covered it with a stitched cover from Ebay for $5.99. A nice solution for a "thinned" upper grip and very comfortable to drive with.... :)

Last edited:
Back