• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Regina to LH 2.4 Swap

do you have an airflow meter on the airbox? or do you have a little two wire sensor on the airbox?

Roger that. Seems like Thelostartof was trying to get around swapping the whole wiring harness. Obviously that would be optimal. Looking at the schematics he put up there isn't "much" difference. You seem to think there's more than meets the eye...

Lacking time.

But on paper it really looks easy as just a few wires should be all that is required to make it swap.

Ezk and ecu swap and then a few wires in engine bay and then sensors. Maddest part of swap is the flywheel/flex plate

To be honest I haven't really looked at my car real hard to get an idea of the Regina harness and connections. If I come across an LH2.4 set-up I'll get more serious. I've rewired a couple LS harnesses. So I'm used to the headache you get from looking at these schematics for an extended period of time. I guess if I get motivated, I'll post up what I end up doing.

Year old bump! anyone ever complete the swap?
Got a complete car 940t ready to swap into a 740 na

Going to start this nightmare myself in a few months, surprised to not find any good info on it. Have a complete running 92 turbo 740 that's in rough shape, just picked up a clean 93 940 that's regina. I plan on just swapping harnesses personally but we'll see what happens.

I'm VERY new to tuning, and not young but I've got the bug bad.

I've had 15 redblocks, mostly 945s, a 960, 240s and an '01XC, and all were just cars I fit in really well during a LONG 17 years of medical hell/spinal rare disease at 6'5" with the legs of a 5'8" man, and the spine of 7'10" my love of Bricks came from how well they treated my spine. My knowledge base has strictly been on keeping them running in stock configuration, but after a divorce, and not dying, I'm sort of a kid again, and my Son is bonkers for hot rodding, and fast cars...at 5&1/2 yrs old too.

Now my mid life crisis is making some bricks fly.
Presently I have 2 940s, both N/A one is a Regina, that I honestly hate as someone in the previous thread mentioned, the NorthEast, the difference in parts, vacuum lines, different relays, one fuel pump, I don't notice ANY fuel econ but the motor could use a rebuild, etc. and the exhaust is on there just as a mild engine noise dampener and to appear as if I've really got one. It's got Bar's stop leak in it, running fine, and needs a lot of work on the peripherals.

My '01XC is the only other car and it's got a blown trans. But I've thought about taking the regina and dropping the 2.4 LPT in there... what's the learning curve? I can do just about anything I set my mind to, and do it well, with some help here and there.

I'm rebuilding the head on my Bosch 940, lowered, N/A IPD VX cam... but when that's done, and the goop from the head gasket patch in the system is cleaned out that worked o.k. for a year, I should be o.k. on that in 2 weeks or so.

I was toying with rehabbing the Regina and selling it, I can clean it up WELL. But I think a 2.4L LPT would be awesome.

Why is the Regina the "choice" for this one, or is it just what's on hand for the O.P.?
I'd need the schematics and steps for this one, but I have Volvo Mech friends, and you guys as well...

Back