• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

Ok so I have driven about 100 miles since the chips. I can't give a huge feedback on them. BUT the car is just all around better with both chips. It feels smoother, it's alittle more responsive and it's fun to rev to 6800 rpm.

My setup is 15g @13 psi
Greentops
UD intercooler
B cam.

89 780 t chippable?

went to my dealer for some q&a & found out my car has tcm with possible ezk 115 & definately
has a LH 2.2 leaving me with with what chance to chip it? :-( what are my other mod options knowing this new info. toronto canada changing weather. time running out for working in
driveway. was planning on just chips, head work (inc ipd cam) & stronger bottom end with mbc & exhaust 2.5"

we put in some 75 lbs' injectors with the HE351. It's running stupid rich in boost though due to the brake booster leaking.

It is going to run stupid rich in boost until the ECU figures it out. Also you should be running at least a 3" amm or larger with that size injectors to scale things.

On my setup at 10psi I am at around 9.8:1 but no rich misfire due to having a proper ign setup

at 12psi they seem to hold around 10.4:1 or so

You need more boost, larger amm and better fuel.

You could always throw in a 2.5bar fpr to help things out but mpg might drop a little from lack of atomization

It is going to run stupid rich in boost until the ECU figures it out. Also you should be running at least a 3" amm or larger with that size injectors to scale things.

On my setup at 10psi I am at around 9.8:1 but no rich misfire due to having a proper ign setup

at 12psi they seem to hold around 10.4:1 or so

You need more boost, larger amm and better fuel.

You could always throw in a 2.5bar fpr to help things out but mpg might drop a little from lack of atomization

have 3bar fpr, 3" amm and what not. The ezk chip is still not workin' after doing what was recommended by Homer. I will be throwin another MSD box on there soon. That's alot of fuel, mike. Will it lean out after a while? I would prefer 12.5:1 at full boost. I'm waiting on Leland to send me a chippable EZK box to test the chip in.

Then you need to decide what peak boost you wanted to run on this car. which was what? 10psi? on that size turbo I would guess no less than 20+psi so in which case when you get to that boost pressure see what the afr's are then. That turbo is far from ideal to run only 10-15psi so afr targets at full throttle at those boost pressures mean nothing.

The only reason my afr's are so rich right now is because I am running so low boost to get things setup. A week ago I was running 19psi with my current setup and saw mid to high 11's afr's which was much closer to what it should be at that pressure.

It is a lot of fuel, it is almost x2.5 more than what these cars saw stock.

With my old setup with the 531 (cracked and leaking coolant into the engine) i saw 11.8:1 @ 20psi. Around 22psi I would see mid to low 12's.

My Goal/plans for this car were mine and I sized my injectors accordingly so I had the room to grow.

Excellent - Yes we plan to run 20~ psi on this motor. When the RX-7 cooler fittings get here then I'll be turning it up to said pressure. This stupid MBC we ordered off of ebay doesn't work too well. :grrr: WG pressure is set to 5 PSI and that is had around 2.8-3k rpm on this setup. Got to get this stupid M cam out of the car :-P

984 ECU + TLAO chip = mega win.

I've only driven it 12 miles since installing, and already everything feels better than my previous set up (939 + TLAO chip). Much better throttle response, and not just off the line but even when cruising. Already more power (judging from the buttdyno) under vacuum. same power in boost but I expect that to change after a couple of hundred miles :-D I will update again then.

Not sure if there's a thread for these on TB, but I'll be picking up one of his 850 T5 chips too. If it's half as good as the LH2.4 chip I had in my 940, I know it's gonna kick arse. I'll post a review in a month or so on the T5 chip in case anyone has a FWD sitting in the garage next to their Brick. :)

Nice to see so many good results. Sounds like the AFR's have been good too. :)

984 ECU + TLAO chip = mega win.

I've only driven it 12 miles since installing, and already everything feels better than my previous set up (939 + TLAO chip). Much better throttle response, and not just off the line but even when cruising. Already more power (judging from the buttdyno) under vacuum. same power in boost but I expect that to change after a couple of hundred miles :-D I will update again then.

Give it a few more miles. I'm telling you, night and day! I ended up getting a high 13 ET out of mine! :)

PS...can you make it to the SoCal GTG? Check the Events section! :oogle:

I still love these chips. I've only managed to get 21 mpg so far. Car feels great. I was having a rich issue when the weather got cold, reset ecu and it looks fine now. No codes as of yet.

Just recieved my T5 Chip, It runs great. My motor and components are completely stock, but the check engine light (from the lack of autotragic) is off. It gets on it pretty good, but the real gains are still hiding, as I still have the stock intake/exhaust as well. Great work man, I appreciate the help.

Dropped a 6800RPM chip and an EZK in the 944 that I picked up from MrSteve. Idled it for a little while, took it for a 5 mile drive, then went for an emissions test which it passed with flying colors. The engine is completely stock with nothing more than an upgraded exhaust and modified airbox. I have a few minor driveline issues to sort out, then a bigger turbo, injectors, cam, ect...
I'm not going for a rocket ship as this is my wifes daily driver, but a moderate 250 at the wheels.

Stock boost on a 13c is way way too slow.

Chip support

Look this man knows his stuff. After purchase if you have a question hell help ya! you get more than a chip you get awesome customer service!

Hey guys, i bought mikes chips and went to put them in, found out that i dont have a chippable ezk. So i ran to the junkyard and returned home without any luck. Decided that i would try running just the fuel chip and see what happened.

Most of the third gear pulls had some crazy cut out and some other weird things happening, this is within the first 10 minutes. After about 12 or so, it started to pull harder than i have ever felt at the top end of 5k. Im very excited to put the ignition chip in. But i wanted to make sure that im not going to screw anything up by just running the fuel chip.

cant wait to turn the boost up and rev to 6,500rpm. Thanks mike.

I have installed the EZK and ECU chips in my 1994 944T. Nice increase in performance coupled with the boost controller. Next will be a cam change and maybe a 531 head. I will be ordering another set of chips for the 1993 944T my wife drives.

Back