• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

*CANCELLED* Midwest Automotive Track Day: Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Choose wisely, there's only one vote - What day you wanna go fast?

• Total voters
Please attempt to have your money ready NLT December 1st.

-If you're sure you want to do this, send me your contact information. I currently have a large majority of people's contact information, but need to know of any updates.

-If you think you know someone on TB who might want to do this, tell them about the event and to look this event thread up.

-Wives and wenches encouraged to participate too.

-I'm going to make some phone calls in the coming weeks to make sure we have over ten people dedicated to this.

-This event does not require a Volvo, but it does require a well running and put together vehicle as noted below.

REQUIRED SAFETY INSPECTION:
____HELMET a proper fitting DOT helmet in good shape required. No exceptions. Helmet rentals are available at the track.
____LONG SLEEVES, LONG PANTS in good condition are required, preferably of a natural material. Shoes must be solid and in reasonable condition.
____SEATBELT belts must be in good condition.
____A ROLL BAR is required in all open cars. A car with a removable hardtop is an open car. Targa or T-top cars with solid roof panels fixed in place are closed cars.
BRAKES are the weakest link when a car is taken on the track. New stick pads can be severely worn in a day. Brake fluid will boil unless fresh and at least DOT 3 grade
____BRAKE PADS
____BRAKE FLUID
____BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR full, fluid clear.
____BRAKE PEDAL
TIRE, WHEELS, FRONT END, SUSPENSION, BODY
____TIRES Worn out, corded or deeply cut tires may not be run. Add 5-6# to normal pressures.
____WHEELS Remove decorative hubcaps. Check bolt patter carefully for cracks.
____LUG NUTS must be present and torqued properly.
____OPERATING BRAKE LIGHT.
____TRUNK EMPTY, SPARE REMOVED. No loose gear inside cabin.
ENGINE & DRIVE TRAIN
____ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN must be in good condition. Check all fluid levels, belts, hoses. Tighten all caps. No leaks allowed. Be sure radiator is full and clean inside and out.
____BATTERY must be secure. Check hold-down. Hot battery lead must be insulated.

If they are really though on no leaks allowed then I'm not sure if I can bring my car. :\

S70 is clean so far, but the 940 like to show its fluids every now and then, esp when I push it to the limit.

If they are really though on no leaks allowed then I'm not sure if I can bring my car. :\

S70 is clean so far, but the 940 like to show its fluids every now and then, esp when I push it to the limit.

Just wipe it up before the inspection. Bring diapers for it.

There's actually no such thing as a helmet approved by the dot. Very interesting YouTube videos regarding helmet laws. Any helmet that has a dot sticker merely has a sticker that the manufacturer made and slapped on there.

There are different variations of SNELL approval too. I believe my helmet is SNELL 95 or 98.....could be wrong about that.

Don't be surprised if they're requiring at least a Snell 00. Elkhart will be requiring Snell 10 come 2015.

I have the dates!
All of them are Wednesdays.
Apr 23
May 14
Jun 11
Jul 16
Aug 20
Sep 17
Oct 15

Hopefully Buzz's generosity appears on the thread soon in the form of a poll for us to vote upon.

YOU ONLY GET ONE VOTE. We'll deduce the final date in this thread.

Anything June or later. Before that and it's risking me not having the 242/wanting to wreck it before the iPD trek.

edit:// for Justus' sake, I will vote Sept 17

Back