• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New dash layout pics

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
No gauges (well, only a couple Im keeping) but decided enough manual labor for a day, time to do something fun. So first try on our CNC at work, got this damn near perfect!

So, should I (when I do the final one) paint it to match the car, mill it out of Aluminum or Carbon Fiber (provided I can get a sheet of it)

Thanks guys enjoy!
17270883.jpg

17270885.jpg

17270887.jpg

Doug, you don't have much of a choice... :rofl:

carbon carbon carbon. It's so easy to make flat!!!! ...and looks better than anything else. Aluminum will not go as well with the car (too cold visually). Let my tell you... since I put that carbon trim in mine... It brings a smile to my face every time the light hits it coming through the sunroof. it's nice. If you want I can tell you the best way how to make it.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/280000-280999/280319_35_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/280000-280999/280319_36_full.jpg
and plus, it's strong, light weight, beautiful, and kinda discrete. But once you look at it head on, it looks quality.

nick

man Doug! this is sweet. the reconfiguration is sweeeeet! nice job. the metalic orange rod gets phatter and fatter each day! 8-)

That is really sweet.. you could paint it brown and it would still be really awesome and well done! :rockon:

Holy Sh*t!!!! Is that a "Burger World" Beavis PEZ dispenser Doug!?!!

BTW the dash setup looks sweet, almost like a race car! My only gripes are to drop the OEM Turbo gauge [duhhhh] and to maybe liven it up a little bit with another color. Aside from the speedo/tach/boost/air fuel gauges, what others are you gonna put in there aside from the Volt/Oil Pressure gauges too? Fuel Gauge would be an obvious one, water temp, what else?

[quote:44cd43abcb]Go with brushed aluminimum (?) same color as car exterior. [/quote:44cd43abcb]
His car is metalic red/orange. :whip:

Hey Pat, those were all for just the pictures sake (hence 2 voltmeters), Im going all Autometer Carbon Fiber ones.

Last count it was going to be:
speedo, tach, water temp, oil pressure, oil temp, volt, fuel level, boost, a/f, maybe some others, I think thats it though.

Looks like its going to also be Carbon Fiber for the facia too :D

Thanks guys

lol where its always been silly :booty:
7403241.jpg

Anyways heres "all the gauges" ;)
16579056.jpg

except Im going CF instead of red I think.

lol, oh being I already ditched the AC Im ditching the center vents too. Though, if I were keeping the AC, I'd get some of those vents that look like carb/tb butterflies, I just love those. Vintage Air sells them iirc

WOW! :lol: :-) :eek: :cheers:
What else can one say about a gauge setup like that!!!
Personally I love the airplane style, massive amount of gauges!
Cant go wrong knowing whats going on about most everything
under the hood and in the car!

Great work doug. I would vote carbon fiber for multiple reasons already been discussed.

take care
Luke

Back