home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 09-25-2019, 04:53 AM   #2251
c2h5oh-ethanol

Default E-fan driver

Hi, is it just the software that have E-Fan compability. Or is it a different PCB, or a driver? Or can you take a software from a car that have e-fan. And put it in a ECU that doesent have it, and get the e-fan to work? I have 977, from start with no e-fan. But use 954 bin, with 984 parameters.
Is it NPN or PNP trigger to e-fan relay?

Best regards//
Jim Karlsson
c2h5oh-ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:56 AM   #2252
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2h5oh-ethanol View Post
Hi, is it just the software that have E-Fan compability. Or is it a different PCB, or a driver? Or can you take a software from a car that have e-fan. And put it in a ECU that doesent have it, and get the e-fan to work? I have 977, from start with no e-fan. But use 954 bin, with 984 parameters.
Is it NPN or PNP trigger to e-fan relay?

Best regards//
Jim Karlsson
ECU with 5xx last numbers does not have E-fan capability. Most 900 does. The 9xx PCB has space for a fan driver that is missing on the early ECUs.
977 should run E-fan OK.
The output is grounded when E-fan is activated, most practical to use Volvo's own E-fan relay to drive the fans, then it is plug and play.

YS
Jaybee
just send me a message
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #2253
c2h5oh-ethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
ECU with 5xx last numbers does not have E-fan capability. Most 900 does. The 9xx PCB has space for a fan driver that is missing on the early ECUs.
977 should run E-fan OK.
The output is grounded when E-fan is activated, most practical to use Volvo's own E-fan relay to drive the fans, then it is plug and play.

YS
Jaybee

Thanks for reply.
Do you know wich place the driver has? See five "slots" one is injector TIP122. (I assume that the driver for e-fan is placed here).. But dont know the other ones. And if you look on them one is missing, second one from left.

// Jim Karlsson
Old 09-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #2254
redblockpowered
Board Member

The E-fan driver is highlighted in the picture below, it's the little square piece.

redblockpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #2255
c2h5oh-ethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblockpowered View Post
The E-fan driver is highlighted in the picture below, it's the little square piece.

Thank you.
So wrong i was

Then i have it!

// Jim Karlsson
Old 10-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #2256
SquareD
An Anomaly

So after not messing with this stuff much for the past 2+ years, I've gotten back into it. I downloaded the latest version of tunerpro and figured out address hit tracing; that's kindof a big deal and will make things easier. I've compensated for my green giants, smoothed the map and adjusted things to avoid that roll-in ping with LH with some apparent success and with address tracing I can dial things in even better. Dude, what is up with the stock fuel map, what a jagged mess? Anway...

I have some questions and this thread is kinda hard to slog through. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has only basic understanding of tunerpro, isn't going to program and isn't going to hack the stock wiring harness.

1) So data logging is pretty much out of the question, right?

2) Is there a way to configure tunerpro to read my AEM wideband? Like repoint the port that the signal is coming from (usb port). I see tunerpro doesn't even have a wideband driver for AEM widebands. I don't even know how those drivers relate to functions in tunerpro. I read that Kenny said logging is out, so he just turned on tracing and watches the wideband readout as he rides along. Is that still the only option?

3) I see that you can create a dashboard in the ADX editor, but I can't find any examples of how to do it from scratch online; and it's not necessarily intuitive. I see people using prebuilt dashes and customizing them, do we have anything like that for LH 2.4? I'm also confused about the difference between an .adx file and a .ads file.

Like I said, this thread is huge and can take a lot of time to search and read. I'd put together a quick and dirty video of what I've learned (comparing bins, address hit tracing, map editing, etc.) but maybe people have moved on or already know this stuff.
1994 945ti | 15g @ 14psi, Turbosmart EBC, AEM Failsafe WB, 3"/2.5" exhaust, do88 intercooler, iPd cam, STS cam gear, Ostrich LH tune, sbabbs EZK chip, green giants, K&N, Yoshifab CCV/Can/Cap, iPd SS brake lines, TME, Eibach, BNE, Koni suspension, iPd sways, iPd panhard, TME upper/CT lower braces, forged BBS RG-Rs, Michelin Pilot SS, ecodes, V90 bits.
1985 744ti | 13.8 @ 100.5 mph - Sold after 20 years.

Last edited by SquareD; 10-18-2019 at 09:26 AM..
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #2257
aaron740gl
Board Member

Finally got my car to a point where i can start it up and idle. Used the new 954 v52 stuff and done a few other changes. Scaled it for 85# injectors. Used the 012 amm but didnt change the map for that so i assume its still set for the 016. Not sure how to change it anyways. So, came time to see if i did good. Turned on map tracing and emulation, gave it some crunk and the dang thing fired right up and didnt miss a lick at all after sitting for 2 years. This is on a fresh top end with nice mods. Onle let it idle for a few minutes. But cold startup was as expected. 12ish on the afr. As it warmed up it started playin around 14-15afr.. This is with hi rez 85# injectors a d 93 pump gas. Stopped at that point and called it quits for the night. The setup was a 954 bin with the v52 954 xdf on a 939 ecu. So i can confirm the new stuff does work on that ecu.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #2258
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareD View Post
So after not messing with this stuff much for the past 2+ years, I've gotten back into it. I downloaded the latest version of tunerpro and figured out address hit tracing; that's kindof a big deal and will make things easier. I've compensated for my green giants, smoothed the map and adjusted things to avoid that roll-in ping with LH with some apparent success and with address tracing I can dial things in even better. Dude, what is up with the stock fuel map, what a jagged mess? Anway...

I have some questions and this thread is kinda hard to slog through. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has only basic understanding of tunerpro, isn't going to program and isn't going to hack the stock wiring harness.

1) So data logging is pretty much out of the question, right?

2) Is there a way to configure tunerpro to read my AEM wideband? Like repoint the port that the signal is coming from (usb port). I see tunerpro doesn't even have a wideband driver for AEM widebands. I don't even know how those drivers relate to functions in tunerpro. I read that Kenny said logging is out, so he just turned on tracing and watches the wideband readout as he rides along. Is that still the only option?

3) I see that you can create a dashboard in the ADX editor, but I can't find any examples of how to do it from scratch online; and it's not necessarily intuitive. I see people using prebuilt dashes and customizing them, do we have anything like that for LH 2.4? I'm also confused about the difference between an .adx file and a .ads file.

Like I said, this thread is huge and can take a lot of time to search and read. I'd put together a quick and dirty video of what I've learned (comparing bins, address hit tracing, map editing, etc.) but maybe people have moved on or already know this stuff.
3. I was wondering the same thing, i tune my v8 tbi swapped volvo with tunerpro. And for the GM tbi you can download adx file and use datalog and a dashboard.. would have been great if someone have done the same thing for LH2.4
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #2259
klr142
Turbo, what?

I'm looking for help with acceleration/throttle tip-in enrichment:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=351930
klr142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #2260
aaron740gl
Board Member

After looking through the v52 xdf, ive noticed when placing the cursor over different maps in the paramter tree, alot of them say to copy and paste the 984 maps in the caption. Has anybody done tbis yet? Anyone using the 984 stuff at all? Is it as refined as stated in previous posts? Is it that much better to use when building a bin?
aaron740gl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #2261
klr142
Turbo, what?

It's one of the latest control units used, so as refined as things are going to get. No reason not to use it if they will work on your computer!
klr142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #2262
aaron740gl
Board Member

I have a few spares.. 954,967,939, and a 937.. I have an 8v project that runs on tlao fuel chip and stock ezk. Been thinking of makin a bin composed of the 984 stuff for and just tune from there. Albiet in its current state it at about 22mpg.
aaron740gl is offline   Reply With Quote