• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New player in the standalone EMS game

BB-Q

(. )( .)
This is a brand new EMS that uses TunerStudio to run. First units were released in January, so this is a new alternative to MS at an extremely competitive price.The guy who started this company started by tuning a 242GT, so knows his way around redblocks.

http://www.efignition.nl/

Facebook Page

I'm currently saving for one for my 245 whiteblock project

This is a brand new EMS that uses TunerStudio to run. First units were released in January, so this is a new alternative to MS at an extremely competitive price.The guy who started this company started by tuning a 242GT, so knows his way around redblocks.

http://www.efignition.nl/

Facebook Page

I'm currently saving for one for my 245 whiteblock project

Since I can't read the website, and I don't faceballs, can you share the price of this efi? And what makes it more specialer than MS?

Just get Google to auto translate it. I can't read Dutch either! It's $278 dollars plus shipping and import duties. Here's a text grab from one of the pages:

Scope of supply

1x EFIgnition46 ECU
1x Connector
45x Shrink Contacts
download free software
Injection

4x individual injector control for opening time at 1/1000 millisecond accuracy.
Injector timing at 0.1 degrees in an adjustable speed and load
Amount per injection injector adjustable (Injector Trim)
Various fuel injection strategies adjustable (MAP, MAF, AlphaN, ITB)
Siamese inlet semi- and volsequenti?le injection
Adjustable decceleratie stop for injection
Closed loop arrangement with Air Fuel mixture ratio target value table
injector staging
Flex Fuel Sensor connected (or E85 bioethanol)
Injection characteristic diagram switchover
inflammation

6x individual coil control. Configurations with 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-10 12 and cylinders are possible.
Wankel engines are backed up to the third rotors.
Ignition Timing with a 0.1 degree of accuracy precizie
Ignite offset adjustable for Odd-fire engines (Ducati, Harley Davidson, Maserati, PRV motor)
Ignition characteristic diagram switchover
Ignition coil charging time is adjustable and correction on the battery voltage and acceleration
Ignition timing correction on the intake air temperature
Idle Loop detection and load-dependent idle timing
remaining

Many different recording speed sensor (VR / HALL / Opto) and trigger wheel configurations.
Adjustable speed limiter (Spark retard / Spark cut / Fuel cut)
Scheme idling motor via PWM or Steppermotor
Launch control / shift Flat / Sequential Shift / shift relief for automatic firing
Load control for turbo motorem
tachometer output
Regulations electric fan cooling
Barometric correction
nitrous oxide controller
Software

Calibration by user Freeware Tuner Studio.
Several apps via built-in Bluetooth on Android devices

ce4911ae443a777a1ad65aadb663495ca11c6c17.jpg

what's the cost to license the use of the firmware if you're expecting to sell a lot of widgets?

what's the cost to license the use of the firmware if you're expecting to sell a lot of widgets?

There's a thread on the msextra forum where the guy says he's tried to get a license several times, but for whatever reason they won't grant him one. I think the guy's gripes are justified and he makes good arguments for his product. That being said, he is still in clear violation of the B&G license.

So, looking into it, B&G won't licence any product using MS firmware unless it also uses one of their boards. I'm still buying the Dutch one.

So, looking into it, B&G won't licence any product using MS firmware unless it also uses one of their boards. I'm still buying the Dutch one.

They do that to ensure a good board quality. They can't regulate the quality of what they don't make.

Why not support the people who actually did the hard work?

I was going to buy an MS2 originally, but over here in the UK they're quite expensive, so the only other option is a kit. You can't buy a kit in the UK so it's DIYAutotune, which is quite expensive once all the import duties & VAT have been paid. I have, however, just ordered a JimStim from them.

It's not as if B&G's circuit board is groundbreaking, is it? They could assess a product and approve it, but they choose not to. They could gain extra revenue that way.

I mean, you could buy the knock off POS, but when it doesn't work and you get no support...don't bitch on here lol.

Don't know what importing and whatnot costs, but a legit Microsquirt is not much more.

Back