• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

update:
I cleaned and installed an 012 AMM (3"). This did not help the issue at all.

I did happen to be looking over the engine and looking for something to just pop out at me hoping to see anything wrong or out of place just some sign of hope... Nothing did except one thing.

I noticed a couple of the pipes looked as if it slid out of the hoses. Even though it slid out some, there are those really tight beads I made so they wont blow off. Well i was able to tighten one of them easily and didnt fix the others. just the one. I drove it around one more time and as I started to drive off, I heard the BOV releasing air just driving normal like it was stuck open.. Thats strange. After I blipped the throttle it stopped.

Started in first and did a pull too redline. No issue, perfect afr's bust didnt notice the boost psi.
Shifted to second and WOT that beast. Went all the way up to 6000 rpms before it started its bucking and stuttering so it was a little smoother for some reason.
I did another pull starting in second and seemed to make it to the same rpm before doing it again. Shifted to 3rd same thing.

At this point I am unsure what boost pressure was but I know when im WOT in boost the afr's stay good around 11 but when it bucks, it goes full lean. I need a to set up a recording device and then review it since its so dang hard to watch all of these things at once.

Any idea's anyone? WG is new but not sure if its working right or not. BOV is new but seems as if it might be having issues too.Im getting frustrated and feel like giving up soon.

Just noticed this build (wtf,right?) and I just wanted to say I love it,lol.

5 stars.

To a speedy fix,and happy boostin

Sounds like the same issue I had. Sounds like your running out of fuel. What I ended up doing is swapping to a Walbro 255 in the tank and deleting the main pump. Then I used the stock wiring to trigger a relay and ran 10g wire to the pump from the power junction block through the relay and to the pump. And ran a appropriate 10g ground off the pump. I would give that a try

It runs solid 10 afr up to 23psi :omg:.......once it has more than a 1/8 tank of gas :lol:

Now we have new problems to solve; but solve them we will. This thing will be a beast before the end of the month.

are you using the factory wiring? Is it a oem pump? Upgrading the wiring to your pump is probably one of the cheapest and effective ways to make sure you have a good amount of fuel. Pumps aren't happy trying to pull high amperage at full load through a 30 year old 18 gauge wire

It's a bosch kjet turbo pump. Brand new and driven prior to turbo addition as wm as the intank pump but the intank is not bosch though I don't think.
Never changed any wires though it's a 91.

A few thoughts I had:
I tapped the smaller line on the throttle body for the charcoal can and T'd it into the larger line since they were both routing into the same place and blocked it off. Could this cause the problem?

The MSD is grounded to body and not battery?

Furl pump under car sounds louder than normal and changes pitches while operating at idle?

New chip that hasn't been driven very long enough to learn?

BOV is releasing air and getting stuck sometimes?

These are a few things I have noticed. Tmwyt.

Maybe. it drove fine NA. same noises.
Im getting tired of trying to figure this out though.

Maybe. it drove fine NA. same noises.
Im getting tired of trying to figure this out though.

Take a step back and relax. Often the simple thing that is over looked. Verify pump pressure or volume. I changed my 87 to later 92 up rail to easily check pressure.

Back