• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

8v camshaft options in Europe

enrgy

Are there any aftermarket 8v turbo camshaft options that can be bought in Europe for ~200-300 usd? It would be a bit easier and faster than importing it from US. I am pretty sure there should be something in Sweden but can't google it since websites are not in English.

the charged about 600? for a 16v set (but that was with stiffer springs included i think) so i think a SOHC will be within your budget

Use Chrome browser, or one of the webpage translators. Chrome has a built-in, it id's the language and asks if you want it translated. For most European languages it works pretty well. Asian... can be funny or weird.

klracing.se and as Torbosteen posted, folkraceshop.se
Folkrace is cheaper since they do regrind the stock cams but they are picky, K, H, V etc., but no Ts are accepted for regrind.

Reports

If all you are after is a little over 300 crank horse power, have you considered V or VX3, of which I hear good reports, 531 head, and one of the larger turbos off a fwd 5 potter a chip and an MBC? I'd be surprised if you were not (cheaply) within shouting distance. Maybe some larger injectors and the resistor mod (and of course the airbox mod) too.

http://www.agap.se/res/Default/AGAP_Volvo_B230_Eng_7.pdf

http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8505

http://www.enem.se/kamaxlar.asp

there are more that haven't already been mentioned , if its not English, use Google translate , you will get most of the info you need if some of the words don't translate out to something normal/ coherent , just ask in a forum, jvab, jens, and several others will help decipher

my billets would be out of the question this time of the year, 12-16 weeks, around 4-8 in late fall early winter. with NASCAR , and all the other circle track stuff , its hard to get on the grinder (we are little fish )

If all you are after is a little over 300 crank horse power, have you considered V or VX3, of which I hear good reports, 531 head, and one of the larger turbos off a fwd 5 potter a chip and an MBC? I'd be surprised if you were not (cheaply) within shouting distance. Maybe some larger injectors and the resistor mod (and of course the airbox mod) too.
I have read in here that V cam dies out after reaching 5500rpm. I want to be able to use power until close to 7k rpm and that's why aftermarket camshaft sounds like a better option.

Offhand

Offhand, I think that's why people use the VX3 - but I am not an expert. How do you get over 6krpm? On my twin cam (B234F) a rev limiter cuts in savagely at 6k. My Sport Edition wants to change up at 5k but it's got some spazzy cam in (the standard one). My B230ET needs manual hold and I don't want to take it over 6k as it has skinny rods.

Offhand, I think that's why people use the VX3 - but I am not an expert. How do you get over 6krpm? On my twin cam (B234F) a rev limiter cuts in savagely at 6k. My Sport Edition wants to change up at 5k but it's got some spazzy cam in (the standard one). My B230ET needs manual hold and I don't want to take it over 6k as it has skinny rods.
I won't be using standard ecu and also will be adding double valve springs. Couple it with a good cam and you are revving up to 7k ;-)

Back