• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'77 242 5400 miles

Råda

Volvoretard/Partshoarder
For sale in my city
5400 miles (8700km)
$17.7k (?13.5k)
http://www.blocket.se/orebro/Volvo_242_Unikt_tillfalle_870_mil_39804727.htm?ca=20&w=3
4235846958.jpg

That's a brand new one! Buying a new car is almost not cheaper, and certainly not half as reliable as this one.
I think it's a good thing to buy a car like this and just DD it.

That's a brand new one! Buying a new car is almost not cheaper, and certainly not half as reliable as this one.
I think it's a good thing to buy a car like this and just DD it.

I don't mean to be a dick, I try to avoid it, especially on Turbobricks, but that logic is absolutely "F"ing sad! It makes me sad to hear this all the time, a 35 year old car that has survived this long unscathed and unmolested and the only logic people can muster is that it would be a great daily driver? I grown to respect the 240 series while most people laugh at me for it, but if I had the opportunity to own a car like that, which has survived 35 + years the last thing I would think of would be to drive it to work everyday and let morons ding it with doors! All I'm saying that I'd feel an obligation and a responsibility to take care of it and protect it. A responsibility to 240’s and the people like me to preserve it, there are so many advocates for classic cars, but it seems all people want to do is destroy great cars that deserve to be preserved.

I don't mean to harp, for all I know you could just be joking around, but really its seems to be the first thing people say around here! Sorry to be a dick and sorry to call you out, I know I'm ganna get burnt for it!

Wow! Just like the 77 242 I just picked up with 128k that's all original. Only difference is the e-code turn signals and the striped coverings inside. Course I only paid $100. I'm probably gonna put a 5 speed manual in the one I got. It's got the K-jet with lambda and no frequency valve.

MVC-012S-8.jpg

I don't mean to be a dick, I try to avoid it, especially on Turbobricks, but that logic is absolutely "F"ing sad! It makes me sad to hear this all the time, a 35 year old car that has survived this long unscathed and unmolested and the only logic people can muster is that it would be a great daily driver? I grown to respect the 240 series while most people laugh at me for it, but if I had the opportunity to own a car like that, which has survived 35 + years the last thing I would think of would be to drive it to work everyday and let morons ding it with doors! All I'm saying that I'd feel an obligation and a responsibility to take care of it and protect it. A responsibility to 240?s and the people like me to preserve it, there are so many advocates for classic cars, but it seems all people want to do is destroy great cars that deserve to be preserved.

I don't mean to harp, for all I know you could just be joking around, but really its seems to be the first thing people say around here! Sorry to be a dick and sorry to call you out, I know I'm ganna get burnt for it!

Ok, first I'm not gonna call you or anyone else a dick. Second I think I need to tell you about how I DD a car, I only drive about 4000 km a year so this is barely enough to keep the dust of. It would be perfect for a car like this. My car never gets dirty or visits places where dings could occur. I love 240's especially old style 242 and 245's. But I'm not joking, it deserves to get drivin around and let people enjoy the fact that I enjoy it.

Back