• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

volvo penta motor w 531 whats worth keepin

Ilvmetal

CL find AQ fresh water motor think 131 with 531 head looks near new.
Any other worth while components worth keeping. I searched last nigh till my eyes bleed about forged this and thicker block that.
going to open up the block after I hit submit.
w7fB9WS
svmM8Lp

If that cam is slotted you should sell it to me.

Last edited:
The AQ151 or B250A came with a 531 head and 86 mm stroker crank, giving a 2.5L displacement.
You can't tell by the block casting if it's an AQ131 or AQ151, both have B230 cast on the side of the block.

Maybe you can find out the engine type. If it's an AQ151 instead of an AQ131 it's a steal.

The AQ151 or B250A came with a 531 head and 86 mm stroker crank, giving a 2.5L displacement.
You can't tell by the block casting if it's an AQ131 or AQ151, both have B230 cast on the side of the block.

Maybe you can find out the engine type. If it's an AQ151 instead of an AQ131 it's a steal.

There?s a steel ID plate by the starter on the marine blocks

He already said it was aq131, it would have V cam if it was aq151 or aq250 those are same 2.5L 8v redblock penta motor classifications or the names they call them. The 250 being what volvo penta changed the name to about 1990.

Back