• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

ok, so i could make a short post i see..

trying to make an update here, but i just get an stupid 403 error!!

picked up the head yesterday :) its been ported, New valve guids, New double valve springs that can handle 14mm lift and a lot more rpm, lighter retainers, valve buckets and shim instead of the hydraulic crap, New cams 275 degree, 11,5 mm lift!

since my ARP head stud kit was missing the lube, i just finger thight a few bolts and threw on some stuff to see it more Complete again :oogle:

What buckets/lifters do you have? Im always listening for info on what can be used to replace the hydraulic ones. When I was running 16v I always had problems with the hydraulic ones and also with floating valves due to weak springs or sticky valves. Both caused misfire issues.

What buckets/lifters do you have? Im always listening for info on what can be used to replace the hydraulic ones. When I was running 16v I always had problems with the hydraulic ones and also with floating valves due to weak springs or sticky valves. Both caused misfire issues.

they are from a volvo 360 :p

so, tourqed Down the head today, and started planning a way heat the engine to 90*c so i can retourqe the head studs to spec! and i think i have a plan with a waterpump and a 6kw heater from a swiming pool :p

i also mounted a oil cooler and adapted a fan on the cooler (honda cbr 1000 fan)

water pump innlet is sealed, just need to get a m22 1,5 plugg to seal the hole from the pump to the head now and its ready for water :)

made a vakume "rail" so the Map sensor reads from all 4 sylinders to!

Back