• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Polishing aluminum slip on BBS RZ's

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
So I've got these BBS RZ's sitting over here that I've been meaning to refinished and put on my daily in place of the old hydras. Two of them are in good to go shape but the two others could use a little reconditioning. They already have gold centers so they're worth at least $800 but how do I go about polishing the lip on these things? Some dremel bits and aluminum polish? It doesn't look like they've got a clear coat on the lips so should be pretty easy?

Mine look like these for comparison.
16inchbbs2.jpg

Last edited:
Start by sanding the lips. If they're in good shape you could probably start with 400 grit. Wipe clean then move to 600, 800, 1000, 2000 then start with a cloth and some aluminum polish.

05100-05101.jpg

If you want to save some time, this attached to a drill makes the final polishing process go much faster.

71dytd-7gnL._SY355_.jpg

If the lips have gouges or rash it's going to take more time. You can use a fine file to smooth out any rash or even some more coarse sandpaper. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure to prevent creating low spots that will be visible when you start the final polish.

Back