• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Detail on installing a do88 icm-140 in 240

bartman1234

Hi, going +T on my 87 245. Purchased a do88 icm-140 intercooler and trying to work out best install method. The 740 turbo brackets seem too small to work also fan shroud from either car not working.
Would sure appreciate any pics of install similar intercooler or some how to on this one?

Thanks

The upper rubbers need a little trim but not much. Lower rubbers should be fine. 240240,det17,slowride all have a fan shrouds for sale but you would need to pm them.

I had to trim the 240 rubber top and bottom by quite a lot and also enlarge the bolt hole in the metal mounts to fit mine. I also had to remove the rubber seals between the body and the intercooler to move the top of the radiator closer to the front of the car, probably because I just enlarged the mounting holes as little as possible rather than drilling new holes where they call for it. Given that you are drilling new holes anyway I don't see why the 740 ones wouldn't work.
I just have their intercooler, not the radiator as well. If you have their radiator you have more slicing and drilling of those mounts to do.
I have an electric fan so I had no shroud issues, but I don't see why the stock intercooled 240 shroud shouldn't work.
There are instructions on their website, but they aren't easy to find. It isn't exactly as "drop-in" as implied, but it is a whole lot easier than most of the intercooler upgrades.

Back