• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Master cylinder help

SOHC

Hello

I have a 1981 245 but I have been building a hotrod and need a master cylinder

Dose the 240 have a stepped bore master cylinder>? i realy need a stepped bore one

Your better off using an off the shelf GM style master cylinder and using a bias adjusting valve...Dont overengineer the brake system, remember pretty much all the volvos had a pressure limiting valve for the rear brakes. 200/700/900 and even 850s

Your better off using an off the shelf GM style master cylinder and using a bias adjusting valve...Dont overengineer the brake system, remember pretty much all the volvos had a pressure limiting valve for the rear brakes. 200/700/900 and even 850s

I did have a 1" GM style master cylinder but it wasn't working how I wanted it to,

Put the Volvo one on but it didn't supply the volume,

Its an old 1927 ford RPU hotrod, it has 54 custom line front drum brakes in the front but has a JAG diff in the rear witch has inboard disk brakes

I have this set up now. still need to test it

This is the failed set up with the GM and Volvo master cylinder

I needed a small cylinder for the rear brakes as they are disks and a bigger cylinder for the front drums, I thought the Volvo master cylinder would work if I swapped the lines, it made the rear brakes work but not the front.

Back