• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

hefty hefty whimpy whimpy

blkaplan

50 shades of beige
300+ Club
72282195.jpg

72282071.jpg

72282196.jpg

and some more bling

72282194.jpg

72282193.jpg

why is the factory rod bent slightly, while the Kaplhenke one is straight? does that affect arcs throughout the link's travel?

I'd wager it is to align the bushing eyelets such that they don't load the bar torsionally or chew up the bushing through the range of travel. Might be a bit tweaked too.

With sturdy heims and rod, I'd wager all is well.
Definitely a step in the right direction to making the IRS not suck..though how are heims for daily driving in grit?

What is the status on the 960 bellhousing adapters? Specifically a T5 adapter...

pm'd

why is the factory rod bent slightly, while the Kaplhenke one is straight? does that affect arcs throughout the link's travel?

The factory rod is bent because its so freaking whimpy... They aren't supposed to be bent :rofl:. That car was never in an accident either, thats bent from daily use.... Time for an upgrade

I'd wager it is to align the bushing eyelets such that they don't load the bar torsionally or chew up the bushing through the range of travel. Might be a bit tweaked too.

With sturdy heims and rod, I'd wager all is well.
Definitely a step in the right direction to making the IRS not suck..though how are heims for daily driving in grit?

I daily drive with nothing but heims, I dont mind em. If you use good heim joints they have a good service life, and if they get loose you take 10 minutes and replace em...

With heims on a vibration damped suspension like this subframe you really wont notice much increase in noise or vibration just an increase in handling precision.

What do the adjustable bars for the rear go for?

or a link to your site?

edit, oh thats IRS lol, not 240

also looked at ur site too

Last edited:
ooooh thats pretty, me want one! How are you guys bending them? mine are still fine... or maybe thats just because i doubled up the bars with my welder :-P

Back