• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nivomats still working

aibast

It is usual for Volvos that self leveling rear suspention fails and is replaced my regular springs and shock. Well mine still works, just tested it out.

Transported a 100kg concrete block to a client. But it in and the cars rear was on the ground
large_24704865_TytR.jpg

drove it 20 km to my clients place and it was nice and proper level
large_24704869_Knf3.jpg

PS:
This is what I was transporting

PS nr 2. This is for those who don't know what nivomats are

Last edited:
That sounds REALLY too complicated.. Well it dosent but what the hell, a spring and a shock works fine.. Why go and combine the two? Well more-so than a coilover..

That sounds REALLY too complicated.. Well it dosent but what the hell, a spring and a shock works fine.. Why go and combine the two? Well more-so than a coilover..

sorry, a spring and shock does not work fine... that combo has 0 ability to self level the vehicle

I'm confused. Did you post just to tell us your nivomats work?

I bet 90% of the members here have no idea what Nivomat suspension does, all they know is the parts do fail (as do all shocks) and it cost more money and it makes it difficult for them to "drop" their car to the ground since they cannot do the norm of cutting springs :)

I bet 90% of the members here have no idea what Nivomat suspension does, all they know is the parts do fail (as do all shocks) and it cost more money and it makes it difficult for them to "drop" their car to the ground since they cannot do the norm of cutting springs :)

Well you kinda can, the only problem is when you drive it, it it'll get some serious rake on the go :lol:

This man speaks the truth.

Would've loved to have functioning nivomats when I hauled my '95 dressed longblock from Knoxville back to here...

It helps a lot with Towing for instance, and the ride on them isn't bad, but of course people think because the car isn't scraping the ground it's not handling well and need to remove it.

While the nivomats in both of my V70R's worked fine, I was always dismayed that I couldn't just get a conversion kit and lower the pig. Now, with my 780, the nivomats are shot and I still can't lower the pig.

Back