• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Modified rear subframe

Sorry to threadjack but I am trying to figure out if I need to find time to get this done before I hit the dyno for some tuning. With my mods does it seem like I will be in the subframe destroying range? I am not sure since "good power" is pretty relative.

AW72L
19t @18psi
MS2
IPD Turbocam
Full 3" Exhaust
Larger Intercooler
Other small things I am forgetting to make it all work.

Did you weld up the little ears that go into the dogbone? They have a slot that should be welded up to make them stronger also.

MVC-010S-2.jpg

Also on my other one I put a plate here where the carboard is in this pic as this is the spot that hits the rear end when you bottom out....

MVC-011S-1.jpg

Any chance to find your pics?

Sorry to threadjack but I am trying to figure out if I need to find time to get this done before I hit the dyno for some tuning. With my mods does it seem like I will be in the subframe destroying range? I am not sure since "good power" is pretty relative.

AW72L
19t @18psi
MS2
IPD Turbocam
Full 3" Exhaust
Larger Intercooler
Other small things I am forgetting to make it all work.

I've got more than this and my stuff is ok so far

Okay I reuploaded my subframe pics check first page. Working on uploading pics on my modified subframe for sale thread also.

Yes I can weld up and sell more subframes. I got the metal and the welder ready to go. I need subframe to weld is all. I might have one extra subframe to weld up right now, money talks, I get to welding..

Let's see a pic of your getrag crossmember tranny mount. Or link me to it. Looks like you used the same mounting spots as the BMW crossmember.

Last edited:
Let's see a pic of your getrag crossmember tranny mount. Or link me to it. Looks like you used the same mounting spots as the BMW crossmember.

Since my 265 is sitting on the bench I'd love to see that sucker to. When the yard that I bought it from pulled it they were enough to include the original crossmember but it appears to be aluminum.

Back