• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

not another T5 Trans question, but close.

Volvit

I tried to search, here and with google. couldn't find what i'm looking for.

Am I right in assuming that the adapter used to bolt up the t5 to a b230 could be used to do the same with automatic trans out of a 5.0L and the like? I forget what they call it.. just a ford AOD? reguardless, I was gonna keep my AT, could this work?

No.

It isn't a Volvo block to Ford bellhousing adapter (although that would be neat, open up lots of interesting alternatives. But it wouldn't be *nearly* as simple for someone to fab up).

What is available is an adapter between the Volvo bellhousing and a fairly specific Ford trans, the T5. Other trans have different bolt patterns, won't work with the adapters.

you wouldnt want to use the AOD anyways....they crappy...look up KLracing in sveeeeden, they make adapters for GM autos (think built 4L80e with paddles)

No.

It isn't a Volvo block to Ford bellhousing adapter (although that would be neat, open up lots of interesting alternatives. But it wouldn't be *nearly* as simple for someone to fab up).

dont know about you guys. but over here ford use the same gearbox bolt spacing from a 1960's cortina with a kent crossflow right up untill the nearly new 2000's zetec from a focus, and that includes the cosworth sierra with a t5 box. they have only just changed to a mazda one with the duratec.

Hope this maybe of help to someone.

Back