• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quick question regarding AFR

LeedomtoFreedom

Idle - 14.7 +/- >1
cruise - ditto
Flooring it, gaining revs but no boost (HX35 doesn't kick in yet) - 14.7 +/- 1

Is that regular? I'm used to afrs dropping to lower numbers on spoolup, but that was with the 15g that spools quicker. Is keeping those numbers regular?

Note: I haven't been getting into boost because of a fear of running lean

On my 744 with the Hoslet I would get around 4-5psi @ 14.7:1 and then after 5psi it would go rich. Since I ditched LH and went MS on the car it has not been and issue.

Since I am now tuning again with my 945 I have been messing with this crossover point for those with the 012 amm and I have it set to richen up sooner in boost. PM me about a different set of chips for those running the 012 amm. I am still working on getting a map set for a larger turbo as my current one is for the 15g is that is on the car but I have a pair of chips out there that other are testing for me for larger turbos. It might be until the end of this year until I get my GT2871R on the car to tune it on that setup.

If you want i can test a few of those chips for larger turbos and give you some feedback...

My instinct tells me that although having stoich mix at low boost is iffy, it's probably alright, although something richer might be preferred and safer

Back