• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Why laugh! Bull****, every Amazon I find within 200 miles is visual rusty from the outside! This is a gem compared to what I can get my hands on!

O gotcha. Yeah, I haven't encounter much, besides the engine bay. The entire bottom of this car has like a inch of undercoat. Some nasty stuff. However, I guess if it's protecting her, that's all that matters.

Appreciate the compliments. Hope to get the car back next week.

Engine Bay Painted- Back from Body Shop

Engine bay painted.
ky0I7mhl.jpg

NFKRAJWl.jpg

K70EFNkl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
project looks great!

however I would paint the engine bay a different color, black engine bay sucks to work in\

also
Thanks. The family has dubbed it the short bus. Lol. :roll:

with so many retards these days the short bus is the "smart" kids bus these days

Last edited:
project looks great!

however I would paint the engine bay a different color, black engine bay sucks to work in\

also

with so many retards these days the short bus is the "smart" kids bus these days

Well it's already black, so not going to change it now. Lol. Unless you want to pay for it. Wink wink.

Thanks!

Engine Bay Wiring

Started working on the wiring. By no means done. The clamps are picking up off holes already drilled. However, may move the one to keep even distance apart.
3cY4a5Gl.jpg

7Z1T4WYl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reassembling of B18 Engine

Worked on getting the head on today. Will get the valve train finished soon.
PTR39jPl.jpg

VZXpDZxl.jpg

xDqj52Gl.jpg

iY7aVG6l.jpg

DGHfzMDl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Looking good. Cap filter looks strange with out all the rest of the stuff being on the motor yet. :lol:

Lmao. I know. I put it on and slapped myself. Lol. I forgot a few small pcs. O well... More to do next weekend. She is by no means done.

That makes me miss having the b20 in my 122. It was so easy just bolting everything on and watching it build itself. Almost therapeutic. I can't wait to find time to pull the motor out of my 142 and freshen it up. Good work man.

Obligatory SU > Weber comment:

DGV :roll:

I don't know if anybody has told you this, but it looks like there are some small bears hibernating in your garage ... be careful with that!

But the motor looks great, and I love the contrast between the yellow and black.

That makes me miss having the b20 in my 122. It was so easy just bolting everything on and watching it build itself. Almost therapeutic. I can't wait to find time to pull the motor out of my 142 and freshen it up. Good work man.

Obligatory SU > Weber comment:

DGV :roll:

Lol. It's has been fun, but challenging. We may try to pull the rear end tomorrow. So badly want to do something similar to what you have done. Love your build thread.

Haven't really had the chance to play with the weber. SU's have been the only carbs I have played with and it wasn't fun. However, the motor had a lot of challenges, so that didn't help. Will see how the car does with the weber and go from there.

Just need to get a B230FT and call it a day.

I don't know if anybody has told you this, but it looks like there are some small bears hibernating in your garage ... be careful with that!

But the motor looks great, and I love the contrast between the yellow and black.

Lol. The newfs are great shop dogs. The old lady's Corgi though, not so much.:lol:

Back