• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dual rear caliper bracket

ICantDrift

I was wondering if anyone had measurements for a hydraulic handbrake dual rear caliper bracket for a 240 that they would be willing to share so that I could make my own, rather than dropping $100-$200+ on a set.
I really appreciate the help.
Thanks!

I truly wonder about people that claim to be too poor to afford a bracket, but flush enough to embark on a silly quest for a modification to an expensive toy that they want for the equivalent of ice dancing in a car.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. I'll give him a shout

What do you need 2 calipers a side for? Its a fashion statement unless you have some strict-ass vehicle inspections..One seem sto work food for dozens of cars I done hydro handbrake on..Saabs, Fords, Mitsubishis, Maz-dogs, all kinds of stuff using Volvo rears..ONLY time 2 is claimed to be "needed' is poseur boys..
You a poseur boy? Or you want stuff to work..
Function? or fashion?

What do you need 2 calipers a side for? Its a fashion statement unless you have some strict-ass vehicle inspections..One seem sto work food for dozens of cars I done hydro handbrake on..Saabs, Fords, Mitsubishis, Maz-dogs, all kinds of stuff using Volvo rears..ONLY time 2 is claimed to be "needed' is poseur boys..
Function? or fashion?

^
How John gets people to buy stuff from him

Has anyone heard from volvo242ti recently? I messaged him yesterday and didn't hear anything back (not unreasonable in the slightest) but then I went on his page and saw that his last activity was December of last year. Does anyone have an email or anything that I could use to contact him directly rather than using the forum message system?

I'll find out if he has any. I sent him a pm on crackbook.. He's busy building a house to live in right now. I'll call him if he doesn't see my PM.

Last edited:
He says he is out and is not making anymore, but that Bergen is supposed to start making them and selling them. I'll see if STS can get the template and make some also, might be quicker as they are nearby also. I think Bergen is in Seattle.

I can send them off to be water jetted as well. Last set of brake adapters I had cut were like $10/ plate.
It would be great if STS could do these though, or just manage the flow of parts. Super super easy with their website and all.

Function? or fashion?

So you can brake the front tires with your foot and use the hydraulic handbrake at the same time. If you do that with a pass-through hydraulic setup the rear brakes will stay on. REALLY easy to boil the fluid that way.

Back