• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960/S90 M4.4 XDF...work in progress.

Amazing. Things are moving fast here. I've been "logging" with obd gauge, which is better than nothing but real logging feature is something else :cheers: Cant wait to try it out.

Ok i tried the logging and it works. I mapped this 150kw bin on a 132kw enigine. I think there is some improvement already. But engine died several times, maybe its because i dont have lambda probe attached at the moment. Will try to use wideband and its simulated signal. Bigger issue is i cant get the data with any other obd device now. I know the engine must be running. Also are all the 5 visible input channels active in this bin?

Edit:my log

Last edited:
Great that it's actually working!

Engine is probably stalling when no NB yes.
From our experience the NB simulation is not working that great. It's better to have proper NB sond.

About the obd it should work pre-start, maybe you need to switch of contact first and then try.

Did you manage to make a log? Do you want to share?

No, without a lambdasond attached it won’t keep running :)
The OBD functionality should work with the ECU in prestart mode. (Engine off, ignition switch on)
If the engine has been running, you have to turn the igntion switch completely off first (zero position)

You could try the NB simulation though, sometimes it works depending on the make of the WB controller.

Which of the inputchannels can be used depends on the hardware of the ECU and which sensors are attached to the ECU in the S90

Last edited:
Ok i tried the logging and it works. I mapped this 150kw bin on a 132kw enigine. I think there is some improvement already. But engine died several times, maybe its because i dont have lambda probe attached at the moment. Will try to use wideband and its simulated signal. Bigger issue is i cant get the data with any other obd device now. I know the engine must be running. Also are all the 5 visible input channels active in this bin?

Edit:my log

Thanks for the log, looks like you had monitors running during the log?

Looking forward to more footage, when you got everything up and running.

I've been doing some testing with all the bins available here but there are many throwbacks. I havent got the car running smooth on the logging bin. Its not that easy as on 5cyl engines with this given information. Also im confused why 0261204239 bin has 0,75 injector constant (or is the address wrong), did later models had bigger injectors? This bin also throws accelerometer tcm. For information Piets logging bin has 2x bigger maf conversion if anybody has problems to get it running. Can you guys tell me what this "Stock S90" bin originally came off, maybe bosch code?

On the good side, i had 0261203854 (97') ecu which i believe is 132kw one. So i mapped on the Stock S90 150kw map on and got some additional horses. My maf maxes now at 3,77V@5960 which is 150g/s. Should be near 140kw.

It’s all still experimental as yet.
I don’t have an S90 (anymore)
So I need some logs made by others to evaluate.
Like I said before, you can tweak the Maf tables yourself with my tool until your car runs smoothly.
Be carefull to tweak a bin with the appropiate XDF that’s made specifically for this bin.

I have studied the log made by vlr7.
A few parameters in the logging frame appeared to be wrongly addressed i.e. Airmass, speed, knock retard values per cylinder.
I have corrected these parameters.
I added the right conversion factor for Battery voltage to the ADX.
Also added "min injection time" to the XDF.

I have checked the addresses in the XDF of the "Injection Basic Adjustment Factor" and the "Injector Opening Time by Voltage " table: they appeared to be correct.
(The basic injector constant does show a value of 1.0 in the bin.)

You can dowload a new improved set of files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw4khprm2odhe6m/S90 - Logging.zip?dl=0

B.t.w. This logging bin still contains the original, standard MAF table.
To be more precise: this bin is except for the extra added logging routine completely standard.

The XDF is somewhat specific for this particular bin, it's not necessarily correct for other bin versions.

I'am hoping for an other, somewhat longer log, with a lambda sond attached, so I can check the stft and other fuel tims in the logging frame

Last edited:
So I’m running a 98 v90+T with a emulator and m4.4. Some things I’ve learned is that 98 s/v90 ecu is different than 96,97. It’s more like m4.4.1. It’s US only, it has a immoblizer chip that isn’t used. If you look at the wire diagrams you will see they are a little different. And the 96/97 xdf and bin won’t work with 98. I haven’t had time to read the whole thread.

Good to know. A lot of the knowledge we have is based around european bins and stuff scraped from the 5cyl M4.4, so something like this was bound to happen. Do you have a copy of the 98 Bin file you can share?

Back