• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Distributor Connector Replacement

I've got an 87 240, the 3 pin connector on the side is broken. I ordered a new one and have removed the distributor. It looks like I need to remove the hall effect sensor to properly insert the connector. How do I remove this? Do I have to drive out the pin holding on the gear on the bottom and pull the shaft up through the top?

It depends on which distributor you have. Alternate 1 distributors have a removable chopper wheel. Alternate 2 distributors don't and will require the shaft to be removed.

GR-38302.jpg

GR-40047.jpg

Well I gave that pin hell with a big hammer and all I managed to do was brake my punch in half. I will try and give it some heat but I am not optimistic at the moment.

Last edited:
You have my sympathies!

Long ago I set about to rebuild the distributor on my B20E which required removal of a similar pin in order to replace the distributor shaft bushings. My efforts resulted in similar carnage. Heat didn't work for me because the pin and shaft are both steel and expand at the same rate. I quit at that point because the distributor still kind of worked and I was afraid of turning it into a 100% non functioning distributor. I guess you don't have to worry about that part.

I eventually ditched the distributor for a MSqrt II with trigger wheels and a COP arrangement. A perhaps extreme repair solution.

Back