• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 84? 240 wagon won?t start

240wag

I turn the key and all the lights the fuel pump everything turns on but as soon as I go to turn it it won?t start, won?t turn over nothing. All the lights and everything still work the car just won?t turn over. Any ideas what it could be and how I could easy fix it? Wires are good fuses are good battery is good starter is fine everything is good from why I knew to check but it won?t start idk what to do anymore, pulling hairs out right about now need some help. Any suggestions?

Check your fuse box in the car. Fuse 12 and 13. Plus check the fuse that is in the engine cmpartment on the left inner fender near the battery if this is a n/a car.

You wrote the starter is fine yet it doesn't turn over? Please clarify? You mean the engine won't rotate? Or do you mean it rotates with the starter but doesn't start?

If it won't rotate then you need to check the trigger circuit that turns on the solenoid on the starter. If the wiring is good to the starter then the starter is suspect.

If it rotates but won't start. Try checking the timing belt. If that is good move on to checking for spark with a spark plug stuck into the end of a plug wire and ground the threads. Good spark move on to fuel checking the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump. Use a noid light to check that the injectors are pulsed.

Autotragic or manual?

If the former, it's possible that the shift lever has become disconnected from the neutral safety switch, so, you're greeted with silence when you turn the key. If the latter, could be that the trigger wire for the ignition switch has come off the starter, or that the jumper plug on the driver's side of the center console stack has come loose. If fuse 13 is bad, the engine should still crank, but you won't have warning lights.

Check your fuse box in the car. Fuse 12 and 13. Plus check the fuse that is in the engine cmpartment on the left inner fender near the battery if this is a n/a car.

You wrote the starter is fine yet it doesn't turn over? Please clarify? You mean the engine won't rotate? Or do you mean it rotates with the starter but doesn't start?

If it won't rotate then you need to check the trigger circuit that turns on the solenoid on the starter. If the wiring is good to the starter then the starter is suspect.

If it rotates but won't start. Try checking the timing belt. If that is good move on to checking for spark with a spark plug stuck into the end of a plug wire and ground the threads. Good spark move on to fuel checking the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump. Use a noid light to check that the injectors are pulsed.

Ended up figuring it out with my dad lol it was the ignition wire positions idk how they were in the wrong places but we put them in the right places and it started right up haha totally didn?t expect it to be that but it was
Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Autotragic or manual?

If the former, it's possible that the shift lever has become disconnected from the neutral safety switch, so, you're greeted with silence when you turn the key. If the latter, could be that the trigger wire for the ignition switch has come off the starter, or that the jumper plug on the driver's side of the center console stack has come loose. If fuse 13 is bad, the engine should still crank, but you won't have warning lights.

Thanks for the help ended up figuring it out, it was the positions of the ignition wires, they were all messed up and wrong order and all, fixed it and it started right up!! Thanks for the input though appreciate it a lot!!

Back