• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eurosport vs ipd

93240 said:
What would happen if you just used the stock shocks with the est springs???
Bumpy. Cornering or braking at the limit of traction on a bumpy road could get hairy. Ride quality would suffer.

Translation: it would handle like a sacked out VW golf. :)

Own6, post in fs if you want to flog your springs. It's unpolite to just start peddling your stuff in the middle of somebody's thread.

93240 said:
Would it be ok for a limited time period? Money problems you know....

yea its not that bad. buddy of mine has springs on his wagon and nothing else, it actually handles pretty nice.

why would you want to take it all apart and put it back together just to do it over again when you get shocks?

Mebbe cuz he is just desperate to get his kidneys beat up.
Mebbe cuz them springs will come outta there and jump back in in well under an hour.
Mebbe cuz Awwww heck. I'm just bustin' chops.

JL.

for an 85 744ti this is what I have done to be able to lift my drivers tire off the ground around a corner:

1. ipd sway bars
2. blistein HD all around
3. TME lowering springs (the sedan ones)
4. upper and lower cherry turbo chasie braces (a must on the 7xx cars)
5. adj panhard rod (putting that in soon)
6. manual tranny (have a weekend to do this mod)
7. more boost
8. strut rod poly bushings
9. only 15 in wheels ( going to 17 ehopefully)

with all this you should be riding on rails

how do Lesjofors compare with IPD/Eurosport springs? cuz im plannign to get some from FCP soon, along with their Sachs Advantage shox (anyone know anythign about these shox? if yes then how do they compare with Bilstein touring class shox? whats better with lowering springs in general?)

neurot75 said:
how do Lesjofors compare with IPD/Eurosport springs? cuz im plannign to get some from FCP soon, along with their Sachs Advantage shox (anyone know anythign about these shox? if yes then how do they compare with Bilstein touring class shox? whats better with lowering springs in general?)

They are the exact things as EST sells.

Oh and Touring class shorts with rattle in the rear.. happens on any pair including mine i have ever seen.

The EST's are the same as the Lesjofor's I think. The Sachs are slightly softer I've heard but I would imagine they're fine, and I don't think people have enough experience with them to compare. I know many of the Aussies have used them successfully.

-Andy

own6volvos said:
They are the exact things as EST sells.

Oh and Touring class shorts with rattle in the rear.. happens on any pair including mine i have ever seen.

wait what'd u say? what do u mean by shorts, and what do u mean by them rattling in the rear?

oh.. whack...
i guess its sach's advantage

im not looking for anythign crazy, thats what my bimm is gonna be for, this is gonna be somethign nice

how do Lesjofors compare with IPD/Eurosport springs?
Lesj?fors make a lot of springs, rumour has it they now actually make OEM Volvo replacement springs as well, meaning if you bought a Volvo lowering kit (yes, they do still exist apparently in some places), or just Volvo OEM replacement springs, they would be made by Lesj?fors.

Eurosport springs are actually "SAM" springs, SAM being a Volvo performance company in Europe, IPD springs are "TME" springs, also another Volvo performance company in Europe, Euro/SAM springs are known to be made by Lesj?fors to "SAM" specs, and when you check out IPD/TME springs you realise they are also apparently made in Sweden, with very simular build specs (cold wound etc) to Euro/SAM etc, so I'm going to go out on a limb and bet they are also made by Lesj?fors.

That basically gives us 3 different spring sets all out of the same factory, but not all necessarily the same.
IPD springs don't lower much, but are considered fairly firm by some, B+G (Lesj?fors own sports brand) lower more, but are not really any firmer, Euro/SAM springs are supposed to lower the most, and may be the firmest as well.
I get a headache just thinking about all this...

I liked the Sachs Advantage shocks in my 760, I thought they were perfect Volvo sports/touring road shocks, never really got harsh, but did firm up well when pushing hard, I just thought they were a perfect match for the car.

Bloody hell do a search man. How many times have we all been through these exact questions?
SAM=Eurosport=Lesjofors lowering springs
They do not equal r-sport springs however. Lesjofors made the r-sport springs but they are different again. If you search you will see this gets asked maybe every week.

Buying garbage shocks is not worth saving the two week's worth of Big Mac purchases. Again, a search will work wonders.

I do not know of either brand. I bought some from fcpgroton.com. Red ones good price but fu#king harsh ride. I would bottom out and I had "Coil Slap". VERY RICED FEEL

I resorted to removing the "Red" ones selling them on ebay (for MORE than I paid) and cutting 2 coils off my stock front springs.

neurot75 said:
which ones exactly did u get off fcpgroton? the lesjofors? what car did u use em on?
Bought from FCP for an 85 244DL. FCP is a wonderful company but the springs sucked royal.
I think the springs said "Lankin" brand
494646_10.jpg
494646_11.jpg

afterwards nice look but crap ride....
494646_13.jpg
494646_14.jpg

Last edited:
Back