• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Questions for Custom Audio Install

So Schaff70 did you mount the components in the rear doors because they(what the right words???) resonate better there instead of if they were installed in the front?

So Schaff70 did you mount the components in the rear doors because they(what the right words???) resonate better there instead of if they were installed in the front?

I just wanted more sound available than the 4 x 4" could provide. There is more room in the footwell for the rear doors than in the front doors mainly due to how the window mechanism operates and with how wide the front seats are. I didn't want to cut holes then in the front door panels and run into clearance issues with the seats. If you pull the front door panels off, you can see what I mean. You would most likely have to cut into some of the sheet metal for the door in order to put speakers in the front doors. I think I had to do some very minor trimming for the rear door speakers.

Bass is pretty much Omni-directional, you don't need to focus lower frequencies as much as you do for mids or highs. I had enough mid and high frequencies in the 4" components up front and you could hear them pretty good from in the front seats. The 6.5" component woofers in the rear doors filled in some of the mid-bass tones and I also had a 10" sub in a box in the cargo area powered by a second amp. I was never able to really get the proper amp to push the sub. The amps I had were a little too underpowered and I was never happy with the sound from the subwoofer.

265778706.jpg

Back