• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Power estimate for injector sizing

bigreddog

I have 550cc injectors in my car with a mildly ported head a custom camshaft r-sport Springs the large NPR intercooler the Lost Art of chips and a 3in exhaust running at one bar. I have a little break up in the ignition I think right up by Red Line I have the plugs gapped at 25 thousands so I may be blowing the spark out unfortunately I don't have a wideband in the car yet to tell whether I'm leaning out but do you think 550cc injectors is enough for a 19t with an ARD wheel and an 11 blade turbine? The motor is a b230ft I went through did bearings Rings gaskets new injectors new walbro 255 pump.

I have seen some of those calculators they're showing about 300 wheel horsepower with 525 CC's at 90% duty cycle I'm just not sure if the better wheel on the 19 t at 14 to 15 pounds may have brought me past that point and the breakup was a lean Miss. I know I need a wideband it's on my Christmas list

Running the stock amm or the 012/025 3" amm?

if on the stock AMM I would think you are way way way fat rich with that size injector.

I am getting ready to swap in a 19T on my car with similar sized injectors along with an 012 amm and once i do that I can have another set of better setup maps for that kind of setup.

Either way get a wideband and check the AFR's. But I am still willing to bet it is to rich, stock 3bar fpr? Maybe try a 2.5bar fpr and reset LH and let it learn to see if it helps. But again all of this is better done with a wideband.

Either way power estimate with a 19t @ 15psi I would guess in the 220-230whp range, maybe a little less. The exhaust and IC help a lot and ported head will also help.

I'm glad you replied I'm getting ready to buy another set of injectors because I've been having problems with massive fuel load up at startup it seems the fuel is already in the cylinder like they're bleeding down I sent them back to have them checked he left pressure overnight said they didn't leak so before I bought new ones I was thinking 440 CC if they wouldn't lean the motor out. The amm is a reman it might be faulty?

I ran 65lb/hr and 75lb injectors on LH 2.4 with an 012 amm and had zero issues with idle and cruise afr's. Even up top afr's were correct. LH can scale it just fine. I would spend the next batch of money on a proper wideband and watch the afr's. If the cruise afr and idle are not spot on perfect then go back to basics and start looking for issues with LH. With a good stage 0 as it is called lh should run just great and fine with a large varity of setups. LH can do crazy stuff if you make sure it is setup right and that is part of the hard part for most.

I ran many a different setups over the years from 2.5bar, 3 bar, 3.5 bar and 4 bar with many a different injectors over the years trying to scale and get stuff to get figured out right. For a few months I ran 1000cc injectors with a 2.5bar fpr on LH with the same AMM. up top I was way to rich and idle and cruise had issues. This was with zero tuning of the maps. So while it can be done it is far from ideal.

I can't tell you if the injectors are right for your combo, but I can tell you those injectors are good for 320HP with 10% headroom.
What pressure were those injectors rated at?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that without a wide band you are shooting in the dark, I hope you have a soft spot on the wall to bang your head.

It's easy to close up the plug gap to see if that is what is causing the top end issues.

I would also look at the fuel pressure UNDER LOAD as well as static and at idle.
Your fuel pressure regulator should be boost referenced, if the fuel pressure does not rise with boost your injectors are getting smaller the more boost you apply.
So that 10% headroom may be getting ate up by a lack of fuel pressure.

You don't need to send out injectors to check them for leaks if your injectors clip into the fuel rail, unbolt the fuel rail and slide the injectors out of the manifold and slide a piece of cardboard under them. Pressurize the fuel system and wait and watch. Do not crank the motor, trigger the fuel pump from the relay socket, observe standard safety practices so you don't burn anything down.....
Injectors can be cleaned with a 9v battery and compressed air and a can of spray cleaner to reverse flush them, be sure to clean the screens in the inlets.

You may have other issues causing your concerns, bad or dirty AFM, bad coolant temp sender, bad air temp sensor, bad coil, bad ignition parts (cap rotor wires), etc.

Back