• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

volvo 242 GT wheel picture request

shaved240

does anyone have any pictures of cars with the two types of 242GT wheels? I found a set and they look like this

voc006_1.jpg

those wheels pictured are not stock 242GT wheels. those i believe are the optional R-Sport wheels offered threw Volvo....
here is a stock GT wheel from 78-79
GTwheels.jpg

then in 80 the GT got virgos
virgos.jpg

as far as value goes...im not sure, they are rare but im am not sure what people would pay for them. dont see them too often around the board

on my gt i was lucky because i have the 80. i think 78 79 are ugly... maybe i think many agree...

244-003.jpg

These were from some 77-80 240GL's over here.
Indeed, they were an optional wheel, not actually standard on anything AFAIK (although they may have been standard on the '76-'77 244 GL Executive ... prelude to the GLE, it was a 4cyl GL with a few extra bits). The Haynes 240 manual has a line-drawing with those rims on the cover, I believe.

The front wheels on the yellow car in the top photo, posted by Dear_vs_Coyote, are off a 740 Turbo.

Indeed, they were an optional wheel, not actually standard on anything AFAIK (although they may have been standard on the '76-'77 244 GL Executive ... prelude to the GLE, it was a 4cyl GL with a few extra bits). The Haynes 240 manual has a line-drawing with those rims on the cover, I believe.

I think they were standard here on those optioned up '76-'77 244GL's, with the metallic paint, leather etc, like Marc's car. They were certainly optional on early 264's and 240 DL models early on as well.

I've seen quite a few early 244DL's with the "GT" front airdam, foglight grille and those wheels, maybe dealers offered a sports upgrade pack for a period of time.

Are they seriously worth something? I turned down a set for $40AUD a while ago, with legal tyres and centre caps. I see plenty lying around the wrecking yards too.

Back