• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do you buy your parts?

Gotta throw in Voluparts in Atlanta where I have been spending my Volvo bucks since '78. Not only are they a dismantle and inventory salvage yard but they carry just about everything in new repair parts that a dealer would stock and a lot that they do not.

Bill and his crew will also find part numbers, help diagnose issues and even been known to assist in simple repairs. There is a world of knowledge and experience behind their counter.

They do extensive on-line and phone parts sales also.

Last edited:
I've been a dealership parts counterman (not Volvo) for 25 years and the guys at Volvo Village in Danvers Mass are probably the best I've ever dealt with. I can call them with PNs for stuff on my old pantload 240s and now 940s and they tell me what the part is without looking it up. It's damn impressive.

Use your local dealer chain as much as you can afford. I have a great relationship with the guys at VV and they go out of their way to track stuff down or get it coming for me. Too many times I was told by other dealers that stuff was "discontinued" only to find out it was Volvo Classic and they didn't want to be bothered.

I use FCP and eEuroparts for mail order. I like eEuro because they race.

eBay

Find your proper OE part #, create a search, wait, Score!

Patience and preparation FTW

Last edited:
As a good method to make sure you know a part is available. You can look it up on gcp.se. After you find the part number. You can look it up and see if it's available. Do not go by the US dealer or volvowebstore or any of the online catalogs in the US for actual part availability for our classic cars. Also online in Sweden and Germany you can use CVI automotive and Skandix respectively for parts that aren't stocked here in the US.

I try to buy everything I need from Eric @ Hi Performance Automotive Service (user name Planetman). These guys are such a great resource that I like to give them back as much support as I can, especially considering how much they give us. They're also a distributor for VP Autoparts, which is another great resource, but they also have access to used and rebuilt parts, which can be a real life saver.

Tasca generally has the best prices for Genuine Volvo parts, but they can take up to a week to ship, so not ideal if you're in a crunch.

Yes, I just canceled an order with them because I called Wednesday to order it, and specifically asked them what I could do to get it by the weekend (I live like 60 miles away). I was told that I could just select regular mail because the part was in stock and would ship Thursday morning. Just called them (this Friday afternoon), and they were just packing the part, and it wasn't going to arrive this weekend. I told them to forget it since my plans to the job were ruined. I would've paid more to have it shipped faster, but really all they had to do was exhibit a little haste in sending it.

That stinks.
I've had very good luck with Tasca.
Though, if I was in a pinch, I probably would have driven the 60 miles just to make sure I had the part in my hands.

FCP has improved their pickup option as well.they built a area in the lobby with storage lockers and a computer screen,so you put your name in and since the order is already picked you just grab it out of a numbered locker. I was a long time e euro customer and was always very happy with them but with fcp being about 15 minutes from my home,I use them all the time now.
I needed a radiator for my 940 last year so I drove the hour up to e euro,which was fine. However they had one guy behind the counter and a huge line.after forever I asked those in front of me if I could just grab my order and go.one guy actually said no

Back