• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

aw71 indestructible?

Mbeas96

90 745 16t remanned redblock with h-beam rods, recent trans flush and accumulator mod aw71
Aw71 has 202k
Engine has <5k

Talk about awesome...I'm driving down the interstate 65 or so, and I start smelling a burning smell, like a fire almost. Then 2 seconds later, my aw71 trans with the accumulator mod starts slipping real hard, so I pull off immediately and then engine bay is pouring smoke. I pop the hood and there is atf all over the place, dripping off everything, engine oil is perfect, coolant is good, but what do ya know, no trans fluid on the dipstick. Its all over the ground, what the neck happened?

I don't see any apparent catastrophies, besides the fact my trans just exploded?

Check your trans cooler lines. I bet the metal line rusted through or the rubber line blew out from being old and having 202k.

The soft lines in the engine bay are fresh and good, I'm thinking a line broke connected to the transmission, and sprayed my engine with a nice blast of atf lol will update when I get it off the ground so i can see underneath

And you just gave me advice on my AW71! Sorry to hear about the issue.

For mine I'm just swapping in a low mile AW71L, meh

Back