• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ipd Lowering

xactorocker

Hey y'all I'm just trying to find something fun to do to my 245 to give it a little more cool factor. what would y'all suggest. cam, Exhaust , lower. on the subject of lowering could any of you send me a photo of a 240 with the IPD lowering kit on stock rim's. thanks

Google is your friend, searching Volvo 240 on ipd springs will help you. And all you listed are the basic good mods. A cam and exhaust are good, if you lower with stiffer springs, best to upgrade your shocks too. Or you can get coilovers from BNE, still need strut/shock upgrades either way. There's also the full coilovers route with BCRacing coilovers.

Google is your friend, searching Volvo 240 on ipd springs will help you. And all you listed are the basic good mods. A cam and exhaust are good, if you lower with stiffer springs, best to upgrade your shocks too. Or you can get coilovers from BNE, still need strut/shock upgrades either way. There's also the full coilovers route with BCRacing coilovers.

thanks man was just checking my ideas.

I went from my stock struts, shocks, and springs to the IPD lowering springs with Koni struts and shocks and it made a huge difference. Granted my setup was pretty blown out, the ride quality for me is much better, it looks cooler lowered, and it corners much better.

I used the IPD lowering springs on my V8 wagon they built me a custom 1" rear bar {dual exhaust} and I run Koni's at all corners, once I dialed in the shocks it has been a dream to drive.

Back