• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New 240 owner here!

Willlarney

New 240 owner here

Hi guys. New to this volvo stuff. I recently bought this black '92 wagon as a daily driver and I couldn't leave it alone for long. Cut 2.5 springs in the front and 2 in the rear on new struts and i'm stoked about it. Must resist the urge to go lower...

Needs a cut and polish.
Planning on buying some tiny 14" wheels from yaj at some point before summer.
This thing is painfully slow with the aw70, though oddly still a blast to drive.

kQEvexs.jpg

Just so you know, you should have factory 14" steel wheels under those hubcaps. They clean up really well, gold or white would look really good on your car. Maybe silver too. There is a vanity cap that covers the lug nuts, really classic look.

Start looking for a manual 240, they'll all work, and get that manual swap going!!

Sweet ride / welcome!

thanks!

Just so you know, you should have factory 14" steel wheels under those hubcaps. They clean up really well, gold or white would look really good on your car. Maybe silver too. There is a vanity cap that covers the lug nuts, really classic look.

Start looking for a manual 240, they'll all work, and get that manual swap going!!

I really wish i liked stock wheels under the hubcaps, but I think i'm going to find some older japanese wheels paired with some tall stretch such as these:
deep-dish-ssr-mk3-14inch-11J-pic1.jpg

or these
9757L.jpg

I think the quirky and boxy look of the 240 could work well with old japanese wheels and tall stretch. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good wheel fitment guide/thread for fitting low offset wheels onto 240s? I've been digging but couldn't really find anything.

I've fitted ET12 Fuchs wheels from a Porsche to my car, I think the front spacers are 20mm and rears are 1.25" if memory serves.

I'd go with some sort of Minilite, they look sweet and would look fantastic on your car. I believe there's a member on here from Australia who drifts his 245 and he hand Minilites.

thanks!

I really wish i liked stock wheels under the hubcaps, but I think i'm going to find some older japanese wheels paired with some tall stretch such as these:
deep-dish-ssr-mk3-14inch-11J-pic1.jpg

or these
9757L.jpg

I think the quirky and boxy look of the 240 could work well with old japanese wheels and tall stretch. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Also can anyone point me in the direction of a good wheel fitment guide/thread for fitting low offset wheels onto 240s? I've been digging but couldn't really find anything.

Easy, google> offset wheel calculator

Learn how offset works, type in what you have and what your want, learn how to use a tape measure and straight edge.

Easy, google> offset wheel calculator

Learn how offset works, type in what you have and what your want, learn how to use a tape measure and straight edge.

haha i understand how offset works. I've done my fair share of wheel math before and I have no problem figuring out the adapter size i'll need with this new car. I'm just looking for a good photo thread with examples and wheel specs. Not a lot of people seem to fit aggressive offsets on 240s, at least as far as I've seen.

haha i understand how offset works. I've done my fair share of wheel math before and I have no problem figuring out the adapter size i'll need with this new car. I'm just looking for a good photo thread with examples and wheel specs. Not a lot of people seem to fit aggressive offsets on 240s, at least as far as I've seen.

WTF is aggressive offset?

Plenty of people have f'd up their 240s with stretch, poke and stance. You aren't the 1st one.

People go both ways, run as wide as possible getting rim/tire towards the inside and a few make the rim/tire poke out past the fender a few inches. Nothing novel or new.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=256760&highlight=show

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=172878&highlight=show

WTF is aggressive offset?

Plenty of people have f'd up their 240s with stretch, poke and stance. You aren't the 1st one.

People go both ways, run as wide as possible getting rim/tire towards the inside and a few make the rim/tire poke out past the fender a few inches. Nothing novel or new.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=256760&highlight=show

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=172878&highlight=show

"Aggressive offset" referring to a wider wheel with a very low offset in relation to whichever car you're putting it on, I think that's self explanatory.

But I don't think it's fair to say that lowering your car and stretching tires on wheels that fit just barely underneath the arches will "f" it up. It's all style. Some people prefer style over performance, and that's totally okay. That said, It's not what I'm after.

But that first link is perfect and just what I was looking for! Thanks so much! :)

"Aggressive offset" referring to a wider wheel with a very low offset in relation to whichever car you're putting it on, I think that's self explanatory.

But I don't think it's fair to say that lowering your car and stretching tires on wheels that fit just barely underneath the arches will "f" it up. It's all style. Some people prefer style over performance, and that's totally okay. That said, It's not what I'm after.

But that first link is perfect and just what I was looking for! Thanks so much! :)

I'm not sure if you understand offset very well.

I'm running 8" wide wheels with a 5mm offset (on the 242)...I cannot get any "lower offset" or get 0 offset without the tire hitting the strut, so no not very self explanatory.

Back