• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wastegate & Blow off valve Vacuum hose

FTY

I would like some direction on what to do with these connections and which goes where.

In the first picture circles numbered 1 and 2 are on the intake manifold and are currently unplugged
IMG_4667_zpsmwvrg3iq.jpg

The second picture shows the blow off valve nipple closest to the camera and further from the camera is the wastgate nipple.
IMG_4668_zpsccr22nzj.jpg

I also have a manual boost controller that needs to be tied into this mess somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Circle number 2 was capped off when I purchase the car...
The car is a 1983 Turbo with a 16T 90+manifold and LH2.2.
Original owner never finished the swap.

1 and 2 are for the charcoal canister and have nothing to do with the turbo. Leave them capped off. BOV connects to the manifold after the throttle plate and the wastegate connects to a boost controller or to the nipple on the compressor housing next to the hot side.

The manual boost controller is not installed.
So one end of the boost controller goes to the wastegate...where does the other end go? I didn't see a nipple on the hot side of the turbo.

Ok found a diagram
Where to tap into the intake manifold as described in the photo?
image_zpss93bgyoc.jpeg

The manual boost controller is not installed.
So one end of the boost controller goes to the wastegate...where does the other end go? I didn't see a nipple on the hot side of the turbo.

27909159986_60a7eb7018_c.jpg

See that nipple right below the CBV but above the wastegate actuator? That's where you get the boost to activate the wastegate. So line from there to the input of your boost controller and then line from the output to the actuator. CBV gets plumbed into the intake manifold.

27909159986_60a7eb7018_c.jpg

See that nipple right below the CBV but above the wastegate actuator? That's where you get the boost to activate the wastegate. So line from there to the input of your boost controller and then line from the output to the actuator. CBV gets plumbed into the intake manifold.

If you make this shut and connect the WG directly to the intake, the boost will be more steady in OEM configuration.

Ok one more question.
You guys mention a commection to the intake manifold. Where on the intake manifold is the connection?

Back